Snorkel on our own

ModestMeans

Yes, try Dzul-Ha, the best snorkeling location on the island (personal opinion). You can rent the gear there, I think its $12 for everything, and you can walk down the steps, right into the water. EZ

Just take a taxi from wherever, its not far from the Puerta Maya & TMM piers.

You can find me there almost every Sunday, except when the Steelers are playing. :D

I agree with Dzul Ha. We had our own equipment but there was a place right there to rent. Saw thousands of fish. Schools of fish were moving through. The current was a little stronger that we thought and we found ourselves driffting more than we had expected. After you are done head to Paradise beach only about 10 min further for a relaxing afternoon.

Cindy

I agree with Dzul Ha. We had our own equipment but there was a place right there to rent. Saw thousands of fish. Schools of fish were moving through. The current was a little stronger that we thought and we found ourselves driffting more than we had expected. After you are done head to Paradise beach only about 10 min further for a relaxing afternoon.

Cindy

We went to Chenkenab(sp) last time and really enjoyed it. Do you guys know how that compares to Dzul Ha and Paradise Beach? Ae they just quiet beaches, or do they have facilities or what? We were going to head to Chenkenab again - a easy and short cab ride, but now wonder if we should try these . . . :confused:

Yes, try Dzul-Ha, the best snorkeling location on the island (personal opinion). You can rent the gear there, I think its $12 for everything, and you can walk down the steps, right into the water. EZ

Just take a taxi from wherever, its not far from the Puerta Maya & TMM piers.

You can find me there almost every Sunday, except when the Steelers are playing. :D

Guess you won't be there this Sunday - Good Luck to the Steelers! Are you originally from PA?:)

We went there last year...you have to take a taxi. I remember it being maybe a 10-15 minute ride. The snorkeling is great, but you really do have to be careful getting into the water since it is pretty rocky.

Thanks Auntienance. What a great site! The home page (cozumelmexico.net) has a listing of everything to do in Cozumel. Great pix and a great way to compare beaches. Although some of the others look nice, I think we'll return to Chankanaab after seeing this - close by and a lot to do there. Thanks again.:)

Do you know of similar sites for Costa Maya? The beach comparison is the best.

P.S. I see this will be your first cruise - what ports are you going to? I'm sure you'll have a great time and be hooked on cruising! You must be getting excited after reading these posts - this will be my 10th cruise and I just found CC recently - it's the best!

How long of a walk would it be from Dzul Ha to Paradise Beach, or is it even possible? Otherwise, could you get a taxi from one to the other?

Which would you suggest going to in the morning and which in the afternoon?

When I look at a map the reefs appear to be pretty close to all the beaches. Can you swim out to them from the beaches or are they too far. Also, I will be taking my 3 daughters, 2 are excellent swimmers but my 9 year old is average. Do I have to worry about her not being able to stay with us? We have only been snorkeling a couple times and I really don't know one fish from another, is there anything we will run into that I have to worry about? I heard some tours sell some kind of lotion, maybe to keep the jelly fish away, is that something I could purchase at at home?

Thanks so much.

At Dzul Ha the snorkeling begins close by. At white sandy beaches you'll have to swim further. If concerned, rent a snorkel vest for your youngest. Jellyfish are not generally a concern this time fo year. No fish worries here in Cozumel. Even if you run into something big, it will not let you get too close anyway.

Archived