Sailing on the Gem 3/20. If the ship can't go to GSC, what happens instead?

moopdog

I keep reading comments that it is not unheard of for the ships to "not" get into Great Stirrup Cay. So if that happens: 1) When do you find out about it? And 2) What do they do in place of stopping there??

Thanks!

I keep reading comments that it is not unheard of for the ships to "not" get into Great Stirrup Cay. So if that happens: 1) When do you find out about it? And 2) What do they do in place of stopping there??

Thanks!

You could end up with 2 days in Nassau, or possibly a stop in Key West. Most likely just an extra sea day.

We were on the 2/13 cruise on the Gem out on NYC. Capt. didn't stop at GSC and this was announced at 9:00 am. We were supposed to dock at 11:00.

We had a sea day and they added some extra activities which was nice.

We docked in Nassau at 8:30 that night instead of the next morning.

Last year on Pearl out of Miami same thing happened. However this time they added Key West as a stop which was really nice!

Think it just depends on cruise/weather/etc. and if they can find docking space for ship anywhere.:o

We were on the 2/13 cruise on the Gem out on NYC. Capt. didn't stop at GSC and this was announced at 9:00 am. We were supposed to dock at 11:00.

We had a sea day and they added some extra activities which was nice.

We docked in Nassau at 8:30 that night instead of the next morning.

Last year on Pearl out of Miami same thing happened. However this time they added Key West as a stop which was really nice!

Think it just depends on cruise/weather/etc. and if they can find docking space for ship anywhere.:o

Why didn't you join our meet for that week. We had a great meet with wonderful people!

We were on the Jewel 2/7/2010 same thing happened to us. They told us the day before. We just sort of floated around for a day.

I understand this happens and you can't do anything about it. But if it happens to my GEM cruise in a week, I would hope they would detour us to somewhere else since we only have 3 port days as it is. Used to be 4, until they cut Freeport out.

Archived