Spa on Caribbean Princess

joan24

I booked my massage at $80 and was charged $100 last week! I spent too much time trying to resove this on the ship where no one would/could help me. I went to the Internet to print out my booking but the Cruise Personalizer is not available after your ship sails. Finally called Princess yesterday and got a supervisor to issue the credit. needless to say, my massage was a bust!

I printed out my $80 charge and I'll find out if it does me any good. I spoke to someone at Princess today and she tried to resolve it, but not surprisingly did not. She said that they've assigned one person to handle this and will supposedly email me on Mon. I told her that they're sending out generic emails telling everyone to go to the Spa. I told her not to bother sending that type of email. She said that Princess has received tons of emails about the price change. It would be nice if they honored their reservations at the price confirmed. I'll post if I hear anything worthwhile. We leave a week from today.

Joan

I was disappointed, too - I had booked the Oceanic Plunge (75min) on the CP for our cruise in March, only to discover that it had been replaced by a 25-min "Lotus Bathing Ritual." Whatever that is. Granted, the price dropped from $100 to $35, but still, it wasn't what I wanted.

So, I booked a full-body Swedish massage instead. Oh well. As for the Rasul, I think that $83 is what Steiner charges regardless of if it's one person or a couple. That's what Steiner was charging on RCI for the Rasul for couples.

Even $80 sounds like a lot of money to have someone press hot rocks on my skin. I'd like to meet the marketing genius that thought this one up. It's probably the same person that thought up bottled water.

Ahhh my friend…we need to cruise together sooner than later…it’s so much more than that!

Guest Host Tink
Ahhh my friend…we need to cruise together sooner than later…it’s so much more than that!

Ooh, Hot Rock treatment is one of my favorite spa visits. Good to know that Princess offers them when I can finally get around to taking a cruise!

This is so disappointing. I was really looking forward to NOT having to endure the Steiner hard sell for products and services. Am really sorry Princess chose to ditch their own spa people.

Does anyone have any good technique for avoiding the hard sell AND still get the full treatment booked?

Just got off the phone with Princess regarding their changes to my spa treatments. (In addition to the price increase, my 50 min. Swedish massage was switched to a 1/2 body 25 min. Swedish massage and our couples' Rasul experience became a Rasul experience for one).

The spa people tried to help me rebook my spa services as I orginally had them. Although I had a confirmed booking for both services in December, I had to take another time for my full Swedish massage and they "sort of" took care of the couples' Rasul experience. I'll have to try to finish fixing the reservation once onboard.

I talked to a customer relations person about how very unhappy I was about the way this has been handled, and that I was unhappy about not only having to take the time to fix reservations I had already made, but now had to also talk to the spa people on board to finally straighten this out. The best he would do for me is $50.00 spa credit ($25.00 each for me and DH). $45.00 of this covers the increase in price, but somehow I felt $5.00 for the general aggravation and time spent to deal with their change-over issues a bit lame.

Hopefully you all have had better luck.

Nevertheless, I am sure the rest of the cruise will be just fine and we'll have a great time.

Alice

I spoke with Princess Spa services they corrected our booking. Gave us the same service I originally requested at the same time...the woman couldn't figure out the reasoning behind the modification that was made to our booking...I will check once onboard to insure the change/booking indeed took hold...the first phone assistant didn't want to help me, stating I would have to take care of the process when I was onboard. I explained to her I didn't want to stand in line with 3000 other people also trying to correct their bookings...she gave me her supervisor who took care of the problem - promptly - :cool: -

You're lucky that they resolved your problem. The email I was supposed to get never arrived. I was on hold on and off for 45 minutes and the only solution to having my massage price doubled was to go to the Spa onboard. I was told that they could do nothing for me and the customer relations rep. didn't seem bothered by it at all. I won't let it ruin my cruise but I will take my confirmed res. to the Spa. I'm not real happy with Princess refusing to honor confirmed appointments. I've sailed on them for over 20 years, but this will most likely be my last cruise at least until the next one.

Joan

We had booked several massgaes for our April 23, 2005 CP cruise several weeks ago only to receive an email last week about the change in service. I went online to review and found both the type of service changed and the cost increased (the email stated that their menu of services had changed). Today I received an email that said that they would on honor the lower price and to confirm our reservation on arrival.

Tom

Here is the most recent email info from Princess:

January 28, 2005

Last week we sent an email to inform you that some of our Lotus Spa treatment options have changed. We have selected for you a treatment from our new menu that most closely resembles your original pre-reserved treatment. The date and time of your pre-reservation remains the same.

Further to our previous email, we are pleased to advise that we will honor the lower price of your original pre-reserved treatment. Please call or visit the Lotus Spa onboard to confirm your appointment.

If you have any questions regarding your pre-reservation,
please call us at 1-800-PRINCESS.

We look forward to serving you on your upcoming cruise with Princess.

Archived