MOBILE-Park & Cruise

maldenmusic

Has anyone stayed at the Mobile, AL Howard Johnsons where they offer hotel guests the option of leaving their car parked at the hotel while they cruise? Do they shuttle you to the pier?:)

I've never stayed there, but personally I'd look for another hotel. The HO-JO in Mobile is well.......let's just say well-used. :)

I'd recommend one of the downtown hotels instead.

Check and see if the Renaissance Riverview is offering that rate for your cruise weekend. It's probably one of the nicest hotels in the area and when I priced it, I think it was 129 or 149... something like that. Really good deal and you can see the ship from your hotel room in the morning!

Wish I had known about that Hampton Inn before I prepaid a Holiday Inn for 80 something. The Hampton Inn rate is only 119, if you subtract the 75 you would pay for the deck, you are essentially getting a very nice room for 44 bucks.

As an Mobilian, I would have to ask you not to stay at the Ho-Jo. You will only be back here posting how awful Mobile is.

My advice would be to stay at The Hampton Suites downtown and try to get a upper balcony room that will give you a view of the ship when you get up in the morning. You can enjoy your coffee watching the previous cruise passengers leaving. Then use the hotel's shuttle service.

Has anyone stayed at the Mobile, AL Howard Johnsons where they offer hotel guests the option of leaving their car parked at the hotel while they cruise? Do they shuttle you to the pier?:)

DO NOT stay at the Howard Johnson's!!!! Trust me, listen to all the other previous advice. Not only is the Ho Jo run down, it is not in a very nice area these days. Staying downtown will be much nicer and more convenient.

Have fun!

Archived