Concierge class on Century

luv2bcruzn

Is there any advantage to having a concierge class room on the century versus an oceanview since they don't even have balconies?

We went on Century November 04. We were C.C. level and though there were not a great deal of extras there were a few that we did enjoy.

The first tender service was nice at St.Maarten. We didn't go to San Juan, so they gave us $250 onboard credit as opposed to others receiving $150.

The little snacks in the afternoon were not something I ate or would eat.

The pillow selection was good. It was nice to try some different pillows and actually find one that helped me sleep better while away from home. All in all for the price I would probably do it again.

Have fun!

Rob

We haven't been spoiled by a balcony yet, so can't comment on their absence here, but my husband and I just sailed the Century in CC, Jan 8-15. We didn't care much for the canapes either...but very much enjoyed the chilled champagne, daily fruit bowl, and the nicer towels and robes. Priority tendering was a bonus. The expanded breakfast menu was also nice. I especially liked the scrambled eggs with asparagus; though the baked bananas were not as good as I expected...too heavy on the orange marmalade flavor...

One warning - I'd avoid the forward cabins on the port side (1027, 1025 and down) we had LOTS of noise in the middle of the night as they moved the lounges, and deck furniture on the pool deck, right above our cabin. The location was great though, for using the Spa - just a few steps away. I alway hated walking through the entire ship with that strange oily-hair, spaced-out, post-massage look. I was able to slip back to the cabin unseen every time...

In all, we would probably do CC again, but I have to tell you that we actually paid almost $200 PP LESS for CC than lower categories were going for when we booked...about 6 months early. Who knows why?? Maybe CCs weren't moving at the time...Hope this helps!!

I've noticed several comments about CC having priority for tendering and embarkation and disembarkation.

Not to sound like a snob or anything, but we're staying in a suite.....does that rank higher than Concierge class when it comes to tendering and such, or the same?

Just wondering, please don't flame me. This is only our 2nd cruise (first cruise was an inside cabin on the Zenith......we've learned SO much since then!)

I believe that the Suites and CC are pretty much the same in the embarkation and debarkation and tendering. We were CC and I didn't see anyone getting a tender before us and we were about the tenth person off the ship at docking back at Ft.Lauderdale. From what I have been able to see, it would appear that the Suites have larger cabin and the butler, but other than that it would appear that the CC level has all the perks, with the small cabin. At our table we were with a couple in a suite and they enjoyed the larger cabin, but said the butler service was a waste to them. They told us the butler offered to unpack and repack their clothing, but they wanted to be able to find stuff without having to look for it.

Our last cruise was on Infinity to HI with a balcony, so being on the Century with just a window was a little bit of a let-down.

Have Fun!

Rob

Archived