Where to purchase swim shirts?

barberesr

What you are looking for is called a "rash guard" if you google this term you'll find lots of places. I like wearing these for both sun protection and warmth while snorkeling and prefer the long sleeve ones myself. Even in the Caribbean I get a little chilled if I'm snorkeling for a long time (more than about 15-20 min for me). These aren't like the scuba stuff at all but are designed to be wet and fit close and hold in a little warmth while not being to heavy to wear out of the water in hot weather and sun.

I've bought two that I liked online.

The less expensive ones were from this company: http://www.leisurepro.com/Cat/Context_980/Skins_&_Rash_Guards/3059.html

Later I wanted one a little nicer and bought a Pinnacle brand one - found this online retailer I was familiar with who had a good price and bought from them: http://www.leisurepro.com/Cat/Context_980/Skins_&_Rash_Guards/3059.html

You can also find these ***** Amazon

Rash guards are designed to stretch and fit skin tight. I don't have the body for tight fitting clothes so I order on the large side. Still should fit a little tight.

I'm constantly amazed by how many people say we're crazy to not dive with a wetsuit in the Caribbean. The locals think a water temp of 78 degrees is cold. I say that's bathwater! My first dive was in Roatan and I couldn't get my wetsuit off fast enough; thought I was going to pass out from the heat when we hit the surface. And I've never used one since.

I am concerned about jellys, fire coral or just being swept into the coral by wave action, so I dive with long shorts and a rash guard.

If you're in Fort Lauderdale, try Divers Direct (they also have a website). They had a great selection there last year and I picked up another one for a good price.

• 2 weeks later...

Divers Direct has good prices, and got several locations in FL. Sometimes they have clearance sales.

Leisurepro is one of the most well known online scuba gear outlet, for good price and large selection of gears.

But for rash guard, you can go to any sporting goods store and get a compression shirt. It's the same thing, and a good long sleeve shirt can be had for $20, or less. Don't need to pay $50 for Under armor brand.

I like scuba.com because I thought they had helpful information on how to pick the right top for your

water conditions. After reading their info...I bought this one, and loved it (it was one of their favorite picks).

I bought the pants from Coolibar.com

I didn't want to get sunburned.

1RubyPrincess505spotout.jpg

I have paid top dollar at various sporting goods stores. I paid about 12 dollars a piece for my last couple of shirts at Wal-Mart! They dry fast, and help prevent sunburn.

~Mike

Archived