Megans or Emerald - 7 ships in Port?

Bandit614

We were originally planning on spending the day (or at least the morning) at Megan's Bay as we've never been and want to see if all the hype about it is true.

However, we found out there are 7 cruise ships in port that day.

So, now we are considering Emerald Beach.

My questions are:

Which is closer to the port?

If we go to Emerald, is there any particular place we should be dropped off?

Does anyone know if the Best Western nearby offer's "day passes". I wouldn't mind using a pool for the day as well.

Someone suggested Megan's but going early before the crowds. Anyone find this to be true?

Thanks!

Yes, the Best Western Emerald Beach Resort does offer "day rooms" I booked one for our upcoming trip. You get a room for the day and full use of the hotel. I think the hours are 9am to 3pm for the room. The chairs and umbrellas on the beach are included with the room, as is use of the pool...

You can use the beach and access the restaurants/bar of the hotel for free and just pay for the use of the chairs and umbrellas-but no pool use. My son hates salt water but loves to swim, so we thought for one day it would be nice for him to have a pool to swim in-so we booked a day room.

Yes, the Best Western Emerald Beach Resort does offer "day rooms" I booked one for our upcoming trip. You get a room for the day and full use of the hotel. I think the hours are 9am to 3pm for the room. The chairs and umbrellas on the beach are included with the room, as is use of the pool...

You can use the beach and access the restaurants/bar of the hotel for free and just pay for the use of the chairs and umbrellas-but no pool use. My son hates salt water but loves to swim, so we thought for one day it would be nice for him to have a pool to swim in-so we booked a day room.

IMDORY - can I ask what you paid for the day? I'm assuming you called the hotel directly? Also, do you have any idea how that beach compares to Megan's. Thanks.

I can't compare the beach as I've never been to St. Thomas before...just from what I have read it seemed like something that would be nice for my family.

I think I paid $130 or 140 for the day? Can't remember. You call the hotel directly and they will tell you if there are day rooms available and how much it will cost. Many will argue that it probably too much money-but my son really wanted to swim in a pool that wasn't salt water-so I splurged a little for him. I also liked that we could use the safe in the room to store our $ and passports so I won't have to worry about those things all day. We can use their towels-so I won't have to carry the ones from the ship off that day, I can charge all of our daily expenses-food/beverages to the resort bill so I wouldn't have to deal with too much cash...I don't know, it just seemed easy and relaxing-and that's what we're going on this cruise for. :)

• 2 weeks later...

IMDORY,

Thanks for the info on the Best Western Resort on Emerald Beach. This will be our first cruise and I like the idea of renting a room for the day. Having a room, bathroom, safe, etc. is a great idea. After we spend some time at the beach, we'll do a little shopping. We're going on the FOS in July and can't wait.....I went to the Best Western web site and the room is $99 in July...not too bad. Yes, it's extra money but we're spending a lot of $$ for the cruise, so $99 isn't too bad. Great that we'll have a pool. My husband loves the ocean (we're from New Jersey and he loves the Jersey shore) and I like a pool...so we'll both be happy.

Thanks again.

One more thing...how far is the BW resort from the port?

Amy:)

Archived