Norwalk on the mariner?

flagger

I read it too. We are going on the Mariner in March! Plenty of time for them to thoroughly clean...They are lucky that it wasn't more people then 229 people as there were 4655 people on board including the crew.

When a person, who knew they were sick for two days BEFORE the cruise, lies on the questionaire and goes on board a ship.

A great way to get 2000+ other people sick!

I asked this question on another of the recent Norwalk threads... if you tell them you are sick, will they refund your money? If not, why would I tell them I was sick and give up my multi-thousand dollar vacation, when I could tough it out for a day and then enjoy the rest of the trip?

See my whole post here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=125298

Theron

I asked this question on another of the recent Norwalk threads... if you tell them you are sick, will they refund your money? If not, why would I tell them I was sick and give up my multi-thousand dollar vacation, when I could tough it out for a day and then enjoy the rest of the trip?

See my whole post here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=125298

Theron

I don't have personal experience but someone said they reschedule you. The point is that doesn't cover airfare etc. People need to use excellent hand washing technique. I am a nurse and that is the number one way that viruses are spread. Our friends went on a cruise last year (Disney)and their daughter had cold symptoms and a rash a few days before...she took her to the Dr. and the Dr. said it was viral, she wasn't contagious and that she could go. He wrote a note but the mother said when she filled out the questionnaire she answered no to the questions.

http://famulus.msnbc.com/famulusgen/ap01-22-193113.asp?t=apnew&vts=12320050511

More than 250 people aboard cruise ship fall ill

AP

PORT CANAVERAL, Fla., Jan. 22 — More than 250 people aboard a cruise ship fell ill with a stomach virus while touring the western Caribbean, cruise line officials said Saturday.

About 233 of the 3,465 passengers aboard the Mariner of the Seas became sick after the vessel left Port Canaveral on Jan. 16 for a seven-day cruise through the western Caribbean. The ship was expected to return early Sunday.

Twenty of the vessel's 1,190 crew members also showed symptoms.

Michael Sheehan, a spokesman for Royal Caribbean International, described the illness as ''your typical 24-hour stomach virus and nothing more'' and blamed a sick passenger for bringing it on board.

The Mariner of the Seas was also being checked for bacteria, the company said.

Passenger Crystal Wiles, an accountant from Frederick, Md., said in a phone interview from the vessel that she and her husband had been quarantined for three days. She criticized the cruise line's handling of the illness and said the company was undercounting the number of people affected by the virus.

''The treatment has been horrible,'' Wiles said.

Archived