Horseback Riding in Cozumel?

Blackeyes24

Has anyone done the horseback riding excursion in Cozumel? Carnival offers it and it seems a little pricey but something I might consider. Maybe something I would decide on the day before based on how I was feeling physically after a week of cruising and excursions. I'd love to hear if any one has done this and what they thought. Also if any one knows of any private tour operators offering this I would love to know about that too.

Has anyone done the horseback riding excursion in Cozumel? Carnival offers it and it seems a little pricey but something I might consider. Maybe something I would decide on the day before based on how I was feeling physically after a week of cruising and excursions. I'd love to hear if any one has done this and what they thought. Also if any one knows of any private tour operators offering this I would love to know about that too.

Are you talking about the Myan ruins one? I have done it and had an awesome time. It has been a few years so I don't know if anything has changed but I will tell you about my experience. You have a bus ride to the ranch (beautiful scenery along the way). Once at the ranch you are assigned a guide who questions everyones riding ability and assigns a combatible horse. You are then guided by horseback through the area. At the end of the ride those who are more comfortable and experienced are given the option of galloping. Once back at the ranch they had mini Corona's for free and great homemade soft tacos for a small fee. They also had a raffle that you could buy tickets for (not expensive at all) and they gave away 3 prizes. A shot of tequila, a bottle of tequila, and a mexican blanket.... I recall them so well b/c I won all three... It was crazy! Our tour guide was great and the time spent at the ranch post ride was the highlight of the trip for me.

I went on that excursion in 1998. The bus ride to the ranch took us along the coast so it was a very scenic ride. They matched you with a horse. Everyone who did the excursion through Carnival had to wear a helmet. There weren't many ruins to see. They did have small cups of free beer available at the end of the ride with a cup for tips. They had a couple of vendors set up there too. Definitely haggle with them! They went from $40 for a necklace to $20. Pictures are available for purchase too. Would I do it again? No. Did I think it was overpriced? Yes, but most excursions through Carnival are. We did the Isla Pasion by Twister last year and I thought it was great and well worth the money. I might do it again this year.

Archived