What is the White Hot Party all about & is it kid friendly?

moopdog

Not sure WHAT exactly it is & if it is on every ship (Gem?) for every itinerary. I also don't want to arrive with kids (ages 9 & 7) if it will put a damper on other's good time. I personally find it uncomfortable if I'm trying to enjoy myself with drinks & dancing only to have someone drag their kids to a place that is clearly not kid-friendly...ya know what I mean?

Also wondering about the spa? Is there an inside pool, or just hot tub and sauna? If there is a pool and the outdoor temp is too cold to swim, this may be a viable option, right? But again - is this adults only??

Thanks in advance ~:D

Not sure WHAT exactly it is & if it is on every ship (Gem?) for every itinerary. I also don't want to arrive with kids (ages 9 & 7) if it will put a damper on other's good time. I personally find it uncomfortable if I'm trying to enjoy myself with drinks & dancing only to have someone drag their kids to a place that is clearly not kid-friendly...ya know what I mean?

Also wondering about the spa? Is there an inside pool, or just hot tub and sauna? If there is a pool and the outdoor temp is too cold to swim, this may be a viable option, right? But again - is this adults only??

Thanks in advance ~:D

I could be recalling this wrongly but I seem to remember i tbeing either over 18's or over 21's. The Guests get greeted in the bar of choice by some of the entertainment crew dressed in white - lots of ultraviolet lighting used.

Bit of dancing, bit of partying, bit of coctail drinking and behind some screens some dancers dancing slightly more provocatively (IIRC). Nothing 'adult' but i think it is basically kid-free party iirc.

We went and found it to be mostly adults. I did see a couple of little kids but personally didn't think it was a place for them to be. If you want them to see what's going on just do a walk through. You can go through one door and out the other. It was a bit loud for me but everyone was having fun! They also sell White Hot Party T-shirts.

Been to two White Hot Parties and kids are most definitely welcomed. On the Sun last year, kids were given glow-in-the dark necklaces, headbands etc. The ship's dancers danced with the kids. On the Pearl in the fall, there were kids too but not as many as on the Sun. They also received the glow-in-the-dark stuff.

Been to two White Hot Parties and kids are most definitely welcomed. On the Sun last year, kids were given glow-in-the dark necklaces, headbands etc. The ship's dancers danced with the kids. On the Pearl in the fall, there were kids too but not as many as on the Sun. They also received the glow-in-the-dark stuff.

We've had the same experience; two White Hot Parties and our daughter accompanied us to both - they sell the tee shirts in kids' sizes, so it would be pretty crappy if they didn't let them come to the party! :p

We've never found anything inappropriate about the party. Our daughter has been 10 and 11 and had a great time at both. There IS alcohol, though, so there WILL be adults who have the potential to get out of hand. We've never encountered one, but I always go with the knowledge that humans with booze are unpredictable - I plan to use it as a learning experience should it ever occur. Drunks can occur anywhere, though - on the Sky in December my daughter had the unfortunate experience of seeing a very intoxicated man being removed by security when he was pounding on his own cabin door and yelling at his wife - who was inside and refusing to let him in. :eek:

We've had the same experience; two White Hot Parties and our daughter accompanied us to both - they sell the tee shirts in kids' sizes, so it would be pretty crappy if they didn't let them come to the party! :p

We've never found anything inappropriate about the party. Our daughter has been 10 and 11 and had a great time at both. There IS alcohol, though, so there WILL be adults who have the potential to get out of hand. We've never encountered one, but I always go with the knowledge that humans with booze are unpredictable - I plan to use it as a learning experience should it ever occur. Drunks can occur anywhere, though - on the Sky in December my daughter had the unfortunate experience of seeing a very intoxicated man being removed by security when he was pounding on his own cabin door and yelling at his wife - who was inside and refusing to let him in. :eek:

My son bought a White Hot Party shirt and ended up on the cruise review video that you can purchase. You can also buy the light up glasses with soft drinks or non-alcoholic drinks for the kids.

Can't answer the question regarding the Gem spa/pool.

Does anyoone know what day of a 7 day cruise this party might be on? We have our in-laws coming with us and they have promised to watch our kids for at least 2 nights. Want to make sure that this is one of them

Does anyoone know what day of a 7 day cruise this party might be on? We have our in-laws coming with us and they have promised to watch our kids for at least 2 nights. Want to make sure that this is one of them

None of the 3 NCL cruises we have been on have had a White Hot Dance Party, however, our upcoming cruise on the POA to Hawaii is going to have one. See if you can find some of the daily schedule brochures from your ship posted on these boards. That should tell you when it is. Someone in our roll call found some posted for our ship and that's how I found out that our cruise is scheduled to have a White Hot Dance Party. Don't remember the day its on though.

The Spas are definitely "adults only".

Enjoy your cruise!:D

I've been to two White Hot Parties, NCL Pearl & Spirit. The Pearl had more risque dancers, dressed in sexy angel costumes (both guys & girls) doing PG-13 rated pole dance routines. On the Spirit they wore just white T-shirts (tied or torn to show a little more skin), and did pretty normal dance routines. There were drink specials (clear alcohol of course) served in lighted souviner glasses, and they passed out glow sticks to people on the dance floor. There were no special activities or games involved, it's just a big dance party. I don't remember seeing a lot of kids present in the lounge, but I guess it would be possible.

I suppose kids COULD go to the white hot party, same as I COULD go and play in their kiddy pool. I have kids but don't take them out to bars, lounges or adult parties, especially late at night but maybe we're the minority now a days!:D

Archived