Shopping/Dress

LindaCt

Do people haggle (bargain) in the jewelry stores on St. Thomas? Are beach cover-ups acceptable attire for the shopping areas? from Emerald Beach-if we are looking for the shopping area, do we just tell driver: downtown? Is there shopping by the Crowne Pier?

In my past experience it depends on the store-you have nothing to loose by asking them "Is this the best price you can offer".

And as far as the dress code just use your best judgement & look in the mirror-a coverup can be tasteful-right ? But as a adult think like one & have fun.

I highly recommend Grand Jewelers. You can definitely bargain with them. I find them to be very fair and their jewelry is gorgeous! I have been dealing with them for years. I have some gorgeous things from there. Ask for Jacky (owner)....tell him I sent you....RocksNoSalt

I plan on going back again this May....

Have fun!

Do people haggle (bargain) in the jewelry stores on St. Thomas? Are beach cover-ups acceptable attire for the shopping areas? from Emerald Beach-if we are looking for the shopping area, do we just tell driver: downtown? Is there shopping by the Crowne Pier?

All jewelry stores bargain. Rule of thumb in bargaining is whatever they say offer half.

Archived