Sapphire Princess April 24th 2010

hdcruizer

We're sailing on the Sapphire the 24th of April and flying down on the 23rd. Can anyone recommend a shuttle service to get us to the pier from the hotel at LAX?

The most known of the shuttle services is Supershuttle (supershuttle.com). There are many shuttle services for the LA area mentioned on the Western Destination boards here on CC.

Personally, if someone was asking me about where to stay prior to a cruise here in LA, I would suggest staying closer to the port, which is in San Pedro. There are two SP hotels, Crowne Plaza and Doubletree, that will shuttle you over to the port. You would just need to grab a shuttle or taxi from LAX to the hotel when you get off the plane. But you'll be that much closer to your cruiseship. And the LAX area is not the greatest...if you decide you want to go out for a meal, you'll have to get a taxi. But if you're already in San Pedro, you can walk, and feel safe, to a decent restaurant in SP.

I would suggest an airport hotel here only if you have an early flight out the next morning.

i would echo her recommendations. The area around LAX isnt the best place in LA. I would take the Supper Shuttle to San Pedro. We stayed at the Crowne Plaza and it was nice, staff was great, and just a few blocks from the pier with a free shuttle to the pier.

If you stay by LAX i would still use Supper Shuttle. The vans are nice and clean and drivers have also like wise been clean and friendly.

Archived