Carnival - Goff's Caye Snorkeling in Belize - a.m or p.m?

seking

Carnival finally now has Goff's caye listed as an excursion to book online. However, when I tried to book it, the time listed was from noon-4:00pm. I was hoping to do it in the morning and then go into the port for a little shopping when we were finished with the excursion. Someone recently posted a review of this excursion and their trip was in the morning. Does anyone know if Carnival does both an a.m and p.m. trip? If they do, I wonder why you can only get p.m when you try to book online?

Thanks

Guest Time2gocruzn

I booked online for our cruise on the Miracle in march...only am was offered. WHICH is okay by me! One of my folks is a late sleeper..so if we have something to do like this...she HAS to get up, lol.;) :D No way I want to wast ANYof my day/time on this cruise! I am ready to take it all in!:cool: :) THere is time to sleep when I am home:p

We were just at Goff Caye 1/25 and I thought you might like my impressions. We booked a trip on the dock, but I think it will mirror your trip as most of the boats there that day did the same....The caye is a very small island, maybe 1.5--2 acres, sandy with a few palm trees, there is a thatched hut where you can buy cold drinks, beer etc, snacks, grilled chicken, and they have few inflatable water toys to rent. There are no chair rentals, so carry some extra towels to lay on the beach. There are 2 port-a-lets. The snorkeling is on a reef off from the island. We had the option to go to the end of the reef and drift back or just snorkel off the beach. We went on the boat. You need to be a strong swimmer or be sure to wear the snorkel vest as you swim against the current at first and then drift back. We did not see a lot of fish, but anytime I am in the water it is great. I snorkled off the beach after we got back to the island and actually saw more fish and shells. It appeared to me as if a lot of the reef was dead or damaged. If you will email me.. dnan67@hotmail.com, I will send you a picture of the island....

Hi. I tried to email you but my computer wouldn't allow it. I don't understand it sometimes. But I would love to see a picture of the island. Also, what time did you get to the pier to look for a trip to take and what did it cost? Thanks,

Guest Time2gocruzn

Thanks! I am realy looking forward to this. I also checked cruisecal and there is only 1 other ship in port with us that day! That was my biggest fear, that it would just be over run with people. Can't wait!

Archived