shuttle to Dunns

pmama

We will be arriving in Ocho Rios. I have read about a shuttle straight to the Dunn's River. It's called the dunnsrivershuttle. I've also heard about a Junta Van(is that just a taxi)? Any way, we've decided to leave the kiddos in the kids club on the ship long enough for us to go check out DRF. We don't want to be gone too long so don't really want to book a tour where we would have to wait for others. Does anyone know exactly where to find these shuttles? I don't want to be left looking lost at the port with as crazy as it sounds. I'd love exact instructions and even a picture of the shuttles would be great.

Also, I see a website where you can reserve a time but don't really want to do that ahead of time as we don't know the exact time we will need. Is there a chance the shuttle will be filled. Are taxi's safe?

We went to Dunns River Falls a couple of weeks ago. Ocho Rios seems to have the transportation very organized for cruise ship passengers, although not inexpensive. The taxi vans are waiting once you leave the cruise terminal. I think one of the vans is called Juta, and I think I also saw Maxi. Most are large newer vans or mini busses. The vans have a driver and also a "tour guide," who collects your money and organizes the stops. The cost is $10 per person for roundtrip transportation to Dunns River Falls. When you pay, the guide will give you a receipt. Once we arrived at Dunns River Falls,the guide sold us our admission tickets to get into the Falls ($15 per person). Then she told us that the van would be back in 2 hours to pick us up, and she gave us the van number to look for, since we would be taking the same van back to the ship. Just as promised, the van was back at the designated time to pick us up. Very safe.

We went to Dunns River Falls a couple of weeks ago. Ocho Rios seems to have the transportation very organized for cruise ship passengers, although not inexpensive. The taxi vans are waiting once you leave the cruise terminal. I think one of the vans is called Juta, and I think I also saw Maxi. Most are large newer vans or mini busses. The vans have a driver and also a "tour guide," who collects your money and organizes the stops. The cost is $10 per person for roundtrip transportation to Dunns River Falls. When you pay, the guide will give you a receipt. Once we arrived at Dunns River Falls,the guide sold us our admission tickets to get into the Falls ($15 per person). Then she told us that the van would be back in 2 hours to pick us up, and she gave us the van number to look for, since we would be taking the same van back to the ship. Just as promised, the van was back at the designated time to pick us up. Very safe.

What was the name of the one you took?

Archived