Help -- torn between ruins and snorkling !!

phyzz

i was searching Youtube for videos of the ruins , and it looks kinda boring . plus a lot of folks have mentioned about not having much time there . I would hate to travel an hour across the island only to have 10 minutes to look around . Now I am looking into Bannister Island . But we will be doing a lot of beachy things on our Legend cruise -- I am sooo confused!!!!!

Ruins or beach/snorkling .

Please tell me what is soo awesome about the excursions to the Altun ha ruins .

I don't know about the Altun ha ruins - although I have seen alot of positive responses about them - but I can speak for Lamanai Ruins. In one word - GREAT! And, yes, there is a 45-60 minute bus ride each way. BUT, there is a great boat ride up the river to get to the ruins. They take it nice and easy on the way there to stop and show you things, animals and people you might see fishing along the way. And on the way back, they open it up and zip you back to the bus to get you to the ship in time. (Kids loved that part)

The ruins themselves are great. It is a huge place, and you only see a handful of temples. But, the walk through the rainforest is fun. Look for the howler monkies, because they are looking at you. And the frosting on the cake is the must-do climb to the top of the high temple. Standing at the top, you can see the neighboring countries and awesome view of the rainforest around you.

i was searching Youtube for videos of the ruins , and it looks kinda boring . plus a lot of folks have mentioned about not having much time there . I would hate to travel an hour across the island only to have 10 minutes to look around . Now I am looking into Bannister Island . But we will be doing a lot of beachy things on our Legend cruise -- I am sooo confused!!!!!

Ruins or beach/snorkling .

Please tell me what is soo awesome about the excursions to the Altun ha ruins .

I went to the ruins at Altun ha, did the ship tour, we were there well over a hour. All I can say is wow they were great. just to stand on top of one of them was a great experience. they are over 1000 years old.

Archived