Where do we board POA in Honolulu?

Dani2

I can't find an address for the location of where we will board the POA. I want to print out a map from Mapquest (because I need to stop at the WalMart and get soda and bottle water and a couple other things on the way to the ship from the airport).

Does anyone happen to know what the port is called?

Thank you.

Just back from POA. The ship leaves from Pier 11 near the Aloha Tower Marketplace (near Bishop St). I don't remember seeing a Walmart enroute from the airport to pier.

Perfect! Thank you, KeiEdy. Aloha Tower Marketplace was just what I needed for a reference point. WalMart is across the street from the Ala Moana Shopping Center, about 2 miles south. (At least it looks like south on the map.)

You were a GREAT help!

Dani

Perfect! Thank you, KeiEdy. Aloha Tower Marketplace was just what I needed for a reference point. WalMart is across the street from the Ala Moana Shopping Center, about 2 miles south. (At least it looks like south on the map.)

You were a GREAT help!

Dani

It's a great Walmart with a parking garage and a Sam's Club on the roof. There's an entire souvenier section, an L&L restuarant inside, and pleanty of aloha wear, in addition to water, soda, etc. If you don't want to bother on the day of arrival, you'll find free Walmart in Kauai, Hilo, and Kona.

It's a great Walmart with a parking garage and a Sam's Club on the roof. There's an entire souvenier section, an L&L restuarant inside, and pleanty of aloha wear, in addition to water, soda, etc. If you don't want to bother on the day of arrival, you'll find free Walmart in Kauai, Hilo, and Kona.

Thank you, jkrislc! That's good to know, in case we need to restock along the way.

May I ask, what do you mean by "free WalMart"?

Also, is it advisable to take a taxi? I noticed there is a bus that will take you from the Aloha Tower Marketplace to the Ala Moana Center (across from the WalMart) for $2.00. (I'd rather have an extra umbrella drink or two than pay a taxi. :D ) Our TA says we will have a morning flight out of Portland, Oregon and will arrive in Honolulu in the morning, so we will have time to shop a bit.

If the ship sails at 8:00 pm, what time are we required to be on board and checked in? Or, are we allowed to get off the ship after checking in? (So we can leave our carry-on luggage in the cabin.)

Thank you so much for helping with what many would consider insignificant questions.

Dani

I expect the poster meant to say "free shuttles" to the Walmart in those ports. Thanks for the info about the Walmart across from Ala Moana--we're staying the night there before our chips sails, so that will make it convenient for picking up some soda.

Thank you, jkrislc! That's good to know, in case we need to restock along the way.

May I ask, what do you mean by "free WalMart"?

Dani

As NCmom stated, I meant a free Walmart Shuttle. The only port you wont find shuttles in is Maui, although we walked to the Walmart and Costco from the port--maybe 1 to 1.5 miles from the port.

The Waikiki Trolley does offer a shoping line for $2 per trip that stops at two stops in Waikiki and then at Ala Moana Center, Walmart, and a few other places. It's convenient from Waikiki, but you wont be able to access it from Aloha Towers as far as I know. Also, the Ala Moana Center is the end of the trolley line, so you'll have to take the trolley into Waikiki before it heads back to Walmart.

Archived