Computer Usage on Regatta

lulu52

We recently(Jan 2010) went from Miami to Los Angeles and the computors were terrible despite the terrific staff who tried to help. We ended up using internet cafes along the way which was also much cheaper. Everyone who was trying to access the internet was having the same problems so don't count on using them with any success! Candy

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone used the computers on Regatta? If not, has anyone used their own computer on Regatta? What has been your experiences either way.

I have used my personal computer on 7 Oceania cruises, on all their ships, with no problems. Satellite connections are slow, and it is expensive (70-90 cents per minute depending on the plan you select - 100 minute plan $80, 200 minutes $140). I usually pick a 100 minute plan on 10-12 day cruises, and 200 minutes for cruises 13-25 days. Also, I use an email program (Thunderbird) which allows me to download about 30 messages in 4-5 minutes. I then log off, read and answer my email offline, and then go back online for 2 minutes to upload my replies.

I was on the Regatta in Nov 09 Barcelona-Miami. If you don't buy their internet packages (prices are listed on oceania website), you could send/receive e-mails at your Regatta e-mail address (they will assign you one) for $2.00 each.

I did this. Unfortuantely, I sent 5-6 e-mails to my husband which he never received and I also sent one to my office that they never received either. Staff insisted that they must be going into junk, but they just never showed up.

Towards the end of the cruise, they offered 30 minutes internet for $20.00 which I bought and went on my own e-mail account. That works fine, however very slow. Don't know if it would be fast enough for skype. For example, it took almost 15 minutes of my time to print two boarding passes.

Archived