Miracle Southern Caribbean Feb 24 Review

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! PLEASE keep the review coming. My family and I will be on the Miracle 3/28, we are also flying out of Dulles the day before, don't want to take any chances :D Thanks to all who are contributing....you're awesome:p

..after we saw all we needed to see at Orient Beach it was time to head to Maha Beach and the Sunset Bar...

.once we got into the comfortable air conditioned van Bernard offered us some drinks...we had rum punch,local beer, water and soda..

as our CC friend Ed pointed out it was 5PM some where ...so we all enjoyed a drink or more .IMG_1382.JPG

on the way to the Sunset Bar our guide Bernard advised us that drinks were "free " for any women who went to the bar topless...we declined ,but there were those there who were partaking...and they had quite a crowd around them !

ry%3D400

Sunset Beach Bar....

when we arrived it was begining to rain..but this was not enough to discourage us from enjoying the show...

ry%3D400

the flight times were listed on the surf board

it started to rain while we were waiting so DH and I found a table under cover and ordered some lunch...we had 2 cheeseburgers, fries, a beer and soda for about $20.

ry%3D400

It did not take too long before I saw my first plane approaching

ry%3D400

still out over the water..ry%3D400

looks like you could just reach up and touch the bottom

...next up..more Maha Beach pics

Much to our surprise the Victory was docked beside us, we had all researched and thought we would be the only ship in port..

quote]

We were on the Victory in St. Maarten on 2/27/10. Here are some pictures I took of of the Miracle sailing into port.

Picture430.jpg

Just coming around the Victory

Picture436.jpg

Clear and about to dock

Picture437.jpg

Your Whale Tail from the Victory

Picture449.jpg

Enjoy, Steve

ry%3D480

Waving to the people on the plane

ry%3D480

People sttod at the fence and tried to hold on as the planes took off...most could not!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

2 planes on the way in...

ry%3D400

Small planes as well....

Bye to St Marteen and Bernard...

ry%3D400

It was a great day...the weather was not the best but the company more than made up for it...

..next up St Lucia......

We were on the Victory in St. Maarten on 2/27/10. Here are some pictures I took of of the Miracle sailing into port.

Steve-Thanks for posting our docking. The picture below is you sailing off into the sunset. I remember Kathy telling me how bad she felt for you guys because you were headed home at that point.

P2270072.JPG

Scott and Kathy

Thanks for the review and the pics. We will be on the Miracle next year. I had Josh (aka, Big Sexy) on my Elation cruise in 2005. He was the assistant CD then, with Jorge as the CD. Those 2 together were hilarious! I knew that Josh would wind up as a CD. For the talent show night, he dressed up as a Chip 'n Dales dancer.:eek: He enjoyed that way too much! It's nice to hear what he's been up to. I hope he's still there in a year, although they change quite frequently.

...After a fun filled day in St Marteen we looked forward to our next port St Lucia...our CC role call group had made plans to take the Serenity Land and Sea Tour and the plan was to meet at the dock at 9 AM

..as usual we had a great dinner and enjoyed drinks before dinner ..now that we were getting to know our CC group friends it was fun to run into each other around the ship...

ry%3D400

I was now collecting a large family of towel animals..I had not saved one of the nights

We woke to a sunny beautiful day ..in St Lucia..with the Pitons in the distance

ry%3D400

I watched the pilot come to the ship.

ry%3D400

we met our group on the dock at the appointed time and we were in 2 groups of 8 and off we went..Our group had the wonderful guide Sharma and driver "Too Tall" ...again we had a cooler full of rum punch, water, beer and soda...we did not need much encouragment today to begin enjoying the liquid refreshments...we did have a designated driver

Sharma provided us with so much information about the island and she was clearly proud to brag about her home...

we stopped for a photo op and she told us that as the island was in a drought that restrooms were charging for water usage...

I was happy to pay a $1 and the rest room was very clean..

ry%3D400

our next stop was the banana plantation

ry%3D400

we were all curious as to why the banana plants were in blue plastic bags...

Sharma told us that kept the bugs and insects off the young bananas

If the bananas have any spots on them they can not be exported for sale...

We also learned that each banana plant can only produce one crop of bananas..they are then cut down and a new young plant grows next to them..of course Sharma did a better job of telling this to us...

ry%3D400

...our land journey continues....with the best to come on the sea journey

....as we continued on our land journey on very sharp winding roads H started to feel a little nauseated...thank goodness I had chewable dramamine...which I had brought for myself...

It was soon time to stop for lunch..

we pulled to the side of the road...and walked into a magical place for lunch...

ry%3D400

this was our view during lunch

ry%3D400

our group as well as the other van were the only ones in the resturant

we had a buffet waiting for us ...there was chicken, fish, pastas, mac and cheese, veggies...among the choices..

I do not like spicy food so I stuck with mac/cheese..my DH and friends all said the food was very good..

ry%3D400

our van group...DH (Mike) and I , Ed and Phyllis

ry%3D400

Sarah( sorry I cut you off) Myriam, Gracia and Kathi..

...more views of the resturant

ry%3D400

...on to the Catamaran......

....as we continued on our land journey on very sharp winding roads H started to feel a little nauseated...thank goodness I had chewable dramamine...which I had brought for myself...

It was soon time to stop for lunch..

we pulled to the side of the road...and walked into a magical place for lunch...

ry%3D400

this was our view during lunch

ry%3D400

our group as well as the other van were the only ones in the resturant

we had a buffet waiting for us ...there was chicken, fish, pastas, mac and cheese, veggies...among the choices..

I do not like spicy food so I stuck with mac/cheese..my DH and friends all said the food was very good..

ry%3D400

our van group...DH (Mike) and I , Ed and Phyllis

ry%3D400

Sarah( sorry I cut you off) Myriam, Gracia and Kathi..

...more views of the resturant

ry%3D400

...on to the Catamaran......

This is the tour DH and I are taking in St. Lucia! Looking forward to the catamaran pics!!!!

Really enjoying your review. Can't wait for more. We are going on this cruise 11/27/10 and I am so excited. We have been to St Maarten before and done the Bernard's Tours and loved it. I think we will probably do his tour again this time but we have never been to St. Lucia or St. Kitts so I am looking forward to hearing more about these ports.

Really enjoying your review. Can't wait for more. We are going on this cruise 11/27/10 and I am so excited. We have been to St Maarten before and done the Bernard's Tours and loved it. I think we will probably do his tour again this time but we have never been to St. Lucia or St. Kitts so I am looking forward to hearing more about these ports.

Yep, that's the one we're on too. Looks like half of Kentucky will be on this cruise, LOL! Following this review is getting me even more excited even though we still have 8 months to go!! Looks like the OP took the same tour in St. Lucia that we have booked. And her Maho Beach pics were FAB! Especially the one with the Air France jet! It really does look like you could reach up and touch them.

Thanks OP and others from this cruise for the pics and Capers! Lovin' it :D

..after lunch we made our way to the belly of the volcano...

ry%3D400

we had a short visit here and were glad ..the sulfa smell was very strong, Mike found it irritating to his eyes...we did learn some intresting tidbits..the volcano is due to erupt, but there are indicators to help determine that, the day the odor is gone,when the animals and birds would leave...

we were next off to the waterfalls....

ry%3D400

this was an intresting stop but having been to Niagra Falls it was ok,we did not spend much time here and that was fine as well.

...we now made our way to Soufriere...and to the catamaran..

IMG_1396.JPG

IMG_1397.JPG

when we arrived at the "carnival" catamaran there was no one on board..we all climbed aboard with the help of the crew ..we were a little early but that worked out fine as we got the choice of seats..within a short while the rest of the group joined us...

but as with the ship we had a safety talk.

ry%3D400

....we set sail for the rest of our adventure and again the rum punch, beers, soda and water flowed freely...it was not long before we were underway and the music was rocking..

ry%3D400

Mike and Gracia....needing a little more run punch !

we sailed for a short while enjoying drinks, and song and it was than time to do some swimming and snorkeling...

prior to getting off the catamaran we all had to sign in to a roll call..

we all laughed thinking about that movie....

IMG_1401.JPG

It was a little difficult for me to get off the catamaran..Mike just jumped off the side...I had on a vest to help me float...and with the encouragment on my CC friends I just flung myself off the bottom of the ladder...I should have held my nose...due to my vest I came right to the surface with a mouth full of very salt water....I saw a beer in my future...

here we all are enjoying the caribbean sea....

we stayed about 45 minutes and than it was time to continue back to the ship...getting on was not too bad..we had the nice strong crew to pull us in....

while we were anchored a young man came by with fresh coconuts..we bought one for $5 and had the bar tender break it up for us...so we enjoyed the ride, the fresh coconut and the drinks..

ry%3D400

Mike and Gracia enjoy the fresh coconut and rum punch....

..but before we could leave they took roll call...there was one passenger who had enjoyed so much rum punch that she did not recognize her own name...they called for her at least 5 times....there is always one ..

so off we went...and within a few minutes YMCA was playing...and the party had started...the CC group was now rockin the catamaran..

now came the drinking contest...

ry%3D400

Ed gets his grove on before coming in 2end in the beer drinking contest..now let it be know that he beat out all the "younger participants"

....now it was my turn..

IMG_1405.JPG

and again I came in 2end beating out the younger crowd....

Ed you and I rock !!!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Mike and Gracia are enjoying the show.....

we arrived back at the ship a little sun burned, well hydrated and with big smiles...we had the best time...for me the catamaran was one of my favorite parts of the trip...it was a blast ....highly recommended ...

..next up....

St Kitts....and than Nick and Nora's...

Archived