Best snorkeling in the list of ports

donnamac

Hi,

We're heading to Nassau, St. Thomas, Grand Turk and San Juan. Can anyone tell me of one outstanding snorkeling location in this list? We've already booked a tour for San Juan, so please don't say it's there!!

Thanks!

It is definitely not San Juan :D

St. Thomas, if you take the ferry over to St. John has excellent snorkeling.

Before the cruise terminal was built on Grand Turk, the only reason people when there for a vacation was to scuba dive. Unless you are on a cruise, that is still true.

Coki beach in St. Thomas has decent and free beach snorkeling. G Turk has very good scuba, and snorkelers can go to some of same place for snorkeling.

San Juan does not have good snorkeling/scuba. But there is bio bay in Vieques Island is quite special.

We are in St Thomas first, and Grand Turk last. Some posters say that the snorkeling at Providence Beach is awesome, and others say it's horrible. It's so hard to sort through the information. Is there a particular beach in St. John's that has great sand and snorkeling? Our options are this:

St. Thomas - book Sunny Liston tour (shopping, tour, and 2 beach hours)

Grand Turk - snorkel at Providence Beach, where the snorkeling is great

OR.....

St. Thomas - take ferry to St. John's and snorkel there

Grand Turk - hang out at Providence Beach, where the snorkeling is bad

Any thoughts from someone who knows?

I would highly recommend Cinnamon Bay on St. John. Even though Trunk Bay is beautiful, I wouldn't waste my time snorkeling here. It does have an underwater trail you can follow. We went to Cinnamon Bay 2 years ago and had the whole beach to ourselves. We are heading back there next year!:)

What time is your ship in San Juan?

We were in San Juan at night, so we went swimming in bio-luminescent bay. Very cool! Out tour took kayaks through the mangrove forest at night, to the bay, and then a swim in some amazing glowing water. :D

Archived