Port of Miami car rental return

Most of the rental car companies have facilities downtown near the port.

In my case hertz was just a couple blocks away. You can either drop your

family off first at the port then return the car. Or if you are a party of only

two you can both drop off the car downtown. Hertz provided free trips to and from the port to their downtown facility.

I just did this Christmas time. Let me know if you need more info.

HLP

Hertz is just a couple of blocks away. On Jan 9th we dropped off our luggage while we had the rental car, then headed for breakfast and then went to hertz to return the car and the shuttle was waiting to take us to the ship and he dropped us right at the carnival door.. Talk about service.....

Also Alamo is located at the Airport and we used them on the return, The shuttles are there every 10 minutes they take you to their airport location free of charge as well.

It really is a win win situation... Enjoy your cruise

I am interested in doing the same thing. I just posted the same question (I should have done a search first). I want to pick up at the miami airport and then return it as close to the port as possible, I was also looking at hertz.

Last week we rented a car from Hertz in Ft. Lauderdale and dropped it off at the downtown Miami location on a Sat. There was a free shuttle to the port but the line was very long. We waited about 30 min. but it would have been longer if some people in front of us hadn't given up and paid for a taxi. It was also very disorganized and I'm sure there was some line-cutting as the shuttle van was swarmed when it approached. The ride to the port was very short, however. Only 5 or 10 minutes. After the cruise we were lucky and got the shuttle after waiting only about 10-15 minutes. There were no signs for rental car shuttle locations so we had to ask when we disembarked. We were among the earlier group to disembark from our ship. The shuttle driver told us that it would be "a mess" in another 30 minutes. So be prepared for a possibly frustrating experience or pay the $5 or $6 for a cab.

Archived