Celebrity Mar 29th - Ulitmate Caribbean

Chuck51

Anyone having knowelge of the Equnoix (with pictures)? I'm hearing awful things about Costa Rica (Limon). Someone said something about Oakey Dokey tours...where do I find them? We've cruised 16 times, but never to Columbia or Limon Costa Rica....Also...How far are the towns from the port in Cartagena, Colon Panama, Perto Limon Costa Rica? We don't care for the cruise tours....we like the challenge of exploring by ourseleves....any suggestions with the ports listed????

Chuck,

come and join our roll call for this cruise. it's not the greatest, we've had some that were a lot more fun but still some fun people on there.

We're staying on the ship at this stop.

Only two more weeks!

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone having knowelge of the Equnoix (with pictures)? I'm hearing awful things about Costa Rica (Limon). Someone said something about Oakey Dokey tours...where do I find them? We've cruised 16 times, but never to Columbia or Limon Costa Rica....Also...How far are the towns from the port in Cartagena, Colon Panama, Perto Limon Costa Rica? We don't care for the cruise tours....we like the challenge of exploring by ourseleves....any suggestions with the ports listed????

Hi, Chuck! Just off the March 8 sailing of the Equinox. We usually do independent tours also, but since Cartagena, Costa Rica and Panama were new for us, we did do ship's tours there and enjoyed them very much. However, there were groups from our roll call who used Lee Miles in Cartagena and liked their tour (check that board for reviews of Lee Miles. He doesn't do the tours himself, but puts them together with recommended operators) and used Charlie Soto's Okey Dokey tours in Puerto Limon and had a good time (search that board for reviews).

Have a great cruise. We loved the Equinox!

Chuck

We are on this cruise and have booked a tour with yourluckytours . Searched them out on the net as there is very little on the CC site although the posts that are there are very favourable.

The responses I have had from him have been very quick so we will give it a try-nothing ventured nothing gained. His website is http://www.yourluckytour.com/

Like yourselves we don't particularly like cruise tours as they are normally too big and impersonal and you seem to take an age to get off the ship and they are alot more expensive.

We are doing a tour with myfriendmario in Pananma and here is the link for that http:///www.myfriendmario.com/?page=cruise

We have decided to just get a taxi into Town in Cartegna and have a lok aroung as nothing appeals tour wise.

Why not join our roll call. We are having an informal meet and greet at the sunset bar at sailaway.

Nigel

We recently returned from a RCCL cruise that stopped in Limon, Costa Rica and Colon Panama. We used Eduardo with yourluckytours in Costa Rica and also myfriendmario in Panama. We had the absolutely best time with Eduardo. We were only five in number. He was very interested in making sure we saw and did exactly what we wanted (ziplining, banana plantation, river). He is a wonderful person, lots of fun, it was the best tour of the trip. The myfriendmario tour was okay. We went to the Indian Reservation and Gatun Locks. It wasn't anything they did wrong, it was just there were too many people and the canoe ride to the Indian village was too long for our tastes. Have a great time.

Archived