Kids - Can we check how many aboard before departing?

MalNZ

Hi We are on the Noordam leaving on the 24th April. We are travelling with two children 7 and 8.

Last May we were on the Veendam and there were only 5 children, is it possible that this cruise will be the same?

Apparently there is a way to check how many kids are on board, but our TA said that HAL did not know :confused:

Mal NZ

Hi Carol

We are already on the roll call, but I think Shana and Harmony are the only children mentioned. I will definitely transfer any information I get back to our Roll Call. Maybe most would prefer less children, but it would be good to have some buddies for our girls.

Mal NZ

I just called Ship's Services at 1-800-541-1576 and had them let me know how many children were sailing. Be ready with your booking number because they asked me for it. When I called there were 38 on my ship and they broke those down into age groups for me. 30 in the 3-12 and 8 in the 13-17 range.

I just explained to the representative that I was concerned there wouldn't be any other children for mine to interact with and I was trying to get a ballpark figure.

Hopefully your children will have plenty of others to hang with this time.

We saled to Alaska last year about the same time as you, and there were only 5 kids under 12 and 1 a bit older.

I will phone and see what HAL say, thanks for the information.

Mal NZ

Hi Everyone

I phoned HAL and they told me that there is only 8 children under 12 on our cruise. Gosh I hope they are not all boys, my girls would think that abit :eek:

It would be good to hear from any one else who has kids on this cruise.

We have been in contact with a girl the same age as our girls on our Costa Cruise - they have emailed each other and sent photos, they already think of each other as friends. :)

Thanks again for your help, I will post this on our Roll Call also.

Mal NZ

Hi Mal NZ

I'm glad you were able to get the info you were looking for. Don't worry if they are all boys, at that age anyone to play with is better than no one ;)

Our neighborhood was filled with all boys and only my daughter and 1 girl her age when they were younger. They were just as happy to play with footballs and swords as they were with Barbies. Now is a completely different story as she is 13 and boys are for looking at and giggling about, not playing with (thank god) ;)

Archived