Grand Caymen - Cozumel Excursions

USA SHARK

We are cruising the Liberty on April 24th and we definitely want to swim with the dolphins. We originally were going to do that in Cozumel, but were thinking about doing the 7 hour Caverns by Jeep & Beach Combo instead and then swimming with the dolphins in Grand Caymen.

Does anyone have a point of view on either of the two dolphin excursions, or the Jeep excursions?

Thanks!

We swam with the dolphins in Coz (dolphin discovery at Chankanaab park) which was the highlite of our excursions. The park there is very nice and the swim was fantastic. I would highly recommend Coz for dolphin swims and Grand Cayman for some of the many other excursions they offer IMHO.

We swam with the dolphins in Coz (dolphin discovery at Chankanaab park) which was the highlite of our excursions. The park there is very nice and the swim was fantastic. I would highly recommend Coz for dolphin swims and Grand Cayman for some of the many other excursions they offer IMHO.

They are offering discounts if you call the 800# too! I booked and got a free manatee swim with it in April :D

They are offering discounts if you call the 800# too! I booked and got a free manatee swim with it in April :D

Also, children are free with a paying adult. You just have to pay the child's admission to the park ($8 at the gate $5.50 in advance).

Also, children are free with a paying adult. You just have to pay the child's admission to the park ($8 at the gate $5.50 in advance).

That is good to know. We are going to do the Cozumel dolphin swim in June but I haven't booked yet. Will be calling them to book it.

We booked it at dolphin discovery in Cozumel through Carnival. The hurricane damaged the facility and they moved the dolphins to the mainland facility and we went to the mainland Playa Maya and it was great. If it is on Cozumel itself you can book yourself. Anything on the mainland - use Carnival excursions. It is a 30 minute ride on the ferry to the mainland and this is how many miss the boat in Cozumel. A Carnival excursion gives you proirity on the ferry from the mainland.

Save Cayman for Moby Dick tours and swimming with the stingrays $35.00 each and you reserve before you go and they are right at the pier. Google it

We booked it at dolphin discovery in Cozumel through Carnival. The hurricane damaged the facility and they moved the dolphins to the mainland facility and we went to the mainland Playa Maya and it was great. If it is on Cozumel itself you can book yourself. Anything on the mainland - use Carnival excursions. It is a 30 minute ride on the ferry to the mainland and this is how many miss the boat in Cozumel. A Carnival excursion gives you proirity on the ferry from the mainland.

Save Cayman for Moby Dick tours and swimming with the stingrays $35.00 each and you reserve before you go and they are right at the pier. Google it

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. It sounds like we should stick with the dolphins in Cozumel and come up with another excursion in Grand Caymen.

We did the jeep excursion through Carnival when we were in Calica last fall, although it sounds like the same one on the Cozumel excursions (taking the ferry to the mainland). Swimming in the caverns was a unique experience; driving the jeeps was fun, and we had a nice (not terrific) buffet lunch and time at the beach. A very fun excursion in our opinion. Whatever you decide, enjoy!:)

Archived