Considering a Cruise on Celebrity Summit

dalitos

We are considering a cruise on the Summit, great itinerary and perfect departure date for us, but are not sure it is a fit and would love your opinion.

We are a married couple, both 32 years old, with an almost 2 year old toddler. We are active but relaxed, and are not looking to do a lot of special activities on board such as ice skating and stuff.. mostly sitting by the pool, walking around, participating in a few of the organized activities. A 4000+ pax ship is not attractive for us, although we certainly wouldn't want to be in a ship that's too quiet, and has no activities.

Our son is very well behaved, and as long as he's with us he'll be happy, since he's so young still there's no need of special activities for him. By the way we will be taking him to port and everywhere else with us, not looking for any kind of kids program to leave him at. This being said, we would like to see some kinds and families around, both so maybe we can chat with and kids play, and also because we wouldn't want to feel like it's an all adults ship and we are bothering other passengers with a young child.

The cruise we are considering is port intensive therefore our time at the ship will mostly consist of breakfast, cleaning up/resting after a port day, dinner, and maybe some early night activity.

Appreciate your opinion.

You did not say when you plan to cruise. In my opinion you should look at RCCL. Their newer ships have lots of activities. There probably will be more younger passengers and more children.

You did not say when you plan to cruise. In my opinion you should look at RCCL. Their newer ships have lots of activities. There probably will be more younger passengers and more children.

Thank you for your reply, mid April to mid May, not sure yet.

I think you will find more younger families on RCI and I have friends who like NCL as its great with children to have the free dining time plan.

I sailed on the Summit in January and the kiddie pool and play area where closed so I would confirm that that area would be open as it has a great wading pool for children

Happy Cruising..X is a great line.

Archived