Embera Indian Trip in Colon-Can I arrange at pier?

Can the canoe trip to the Indians be arranged when I arrive or should we pay the cruise ships presumably higher prices and book now?

Is there also time to see the locks?

I think it depends. We did a partial canal transit several years back and since the ship was being relocated from Gatun Lake back to Cristobal, you had to book a ship's excursion or you weren't allowed off the ship. I'm not sure if it's still being done this way or not.

I just did this from the Jewel the Gatun locks, Emberra indian and a local waterfall trip two weeks ago with My friend mario CL007 (local tour operator) and it was a fantastic trip. I would book in advance. We just paid in cash when we got on the bus so you will not be charged in advance if for some reason you have to miss the tour. Honestly this is a don't miss tour. Just be aware you will be in a motorized canoe for 45 minutes each way travelling to a really isolated area. Between that and the visit to the village I thought I was in National Geographic. The whole trip was around 6-7 hours. Not sure how long you will be in port but we had plenty of time to make it back to the ship.

Archived