Wedding Cake

ucapike03

So...got a quick question. My wife and I will be celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary on our cruise in June...I was wondering if anyone has every brought the top layer of their wedding cake aboard with them. Or has known anyone who has...if so what is the best way to do it...

Thanks!

You want to bring your wedding cake from your wedding a year ago on the ship :p We had our top part of the cake in the freezer , while we were on our way to our first cruise almost 34 years ago now. We did have the cake on our first anniversary, but the cake was on the nasty side from being in the freezer for a year lol They have anniversary cakes you can get on the ship and they are quite good, and several different sizes too. We usually get one when we sail around our anniversary...you might want to consider doing that! Have a wonderful Cruise and Happy First Anniversary...hope you have many many more!

I haven't done this, but I have a wedding cake business and would say that if your going to eat it near the beginning of your cruise it would be a lot better than later on in the cruise. Take it out of the freezer right before you walk out the door and keep it tightly wrapped. I would just carry it on the flight letting the folks at the airport know what it is. I've taken "dummy cakes" (styrofoam decorated cake tiers) to conventions and as long as they know what it is they're fine with it. Happy Anniversary!!!

shelbyjane - If you haven't wrapped your cake properly then it will taste freezer burned and nasty, that's for sure. When I was married 30 years ago, we just wrapped it, slapped it in the freezer and it was pretty bad....but we only took a bite to say we did it...Hopefully someone told them how to wrap it up correctly...:)

Great advice all...

My mother in law (MIL) took care of it afterwards, I think...I hope...lol. It was all kind of a blur. We leave June 4th stay in Port Canaveral for a night then cruise the 5th. Our anniversary is the 6th. I just hope with the warmth and the everything it will stay cool. Id be fine with the anniversary cake...or anniversary lobster tails...lol but I know my wife will want the cake...

Our wedding cake top tier was great - not quite as good as on our wedding day when it was fresh, but very comparable. Then again, I am meticulous about this stuff and gave my sister instructions on how to wrap it properly.

I would plan to eat it on the first day. Take it from the freezer and put it in a small cooler, then just carry it on and grab a couple of forks while watching the sunset :o

If the above doesn't work, here is the recipe for " Wedding-Cake " Shots. They taste just like vanilla wedding cake complete with the buttercream frosting. SsssOooooooo Goooood.

____ WEDDING CAKE SHOTS______

1/2 OZ STOLI VANILLA VODKA

1/2 OZ FRANGELICO HAZELNUT LIQUOR

1 LEMON, SLICED

GRANULATED SUGAR

MIX VANILLA VODKA AND FRANGELICO TOGETHER IN A SHOT GLASS. BEFORE TAKING A SHOT, DREDGE THE LEMON SLICE IN SUGAR. DRINK THE SHOT AND IMEDIATELY BITE THE LEMON. :D

thats a great idea to sit up on deck during a sunset....I saved some bubbles from our wedding (the guests used those rather than bird seed) and I was planning on using those as we set sail...

I have never had a wedding cake shot...lol. But I have had a Chocolate Cake shot...couldnt tell you whats in it, but it was tasty...a good desert.

We got married ON a cruise so we didn't get to take any cake home. We did have our unity candles and champagne flutes that we intended to use for a little "ceremony" for our 1st anniversary, but we completely forgot about it. HAHA

This coming May will be our 2nd anniversary and I think we aren't even planning to do anything fun.

If the above doesn't work, here is the recipe for " Wedding-Cake " Shots. They taste just like vanilla wedding cake complete with the buttercream frosting. SsssOooooooo Goooood.

1 LEMON, SLICED

GRANULATED SUGAR

MIX VANILLA VODKA AND FRANGELICO TOGETHER IN A SHOT GLASS. BEFORE TAKING A SHOT, DREDGE THE LEMON SLICE IN SUGAR. DRINK THE SHOT AND IMEDIATELY BITE THE LEMON. :D

Why are you yelling at us?

1 LEMON, SLICED

GRANULATED SUGAR

***** Sorry, wasn't trying to yell. Didn't have my glasses on and too lazy to get up and retrive them. Forgive me? :rolleyes: LOL

if the above doesn't work, here is the recipe for " wedding-cake " shots. They taste just like vanilla wedding cake complete with the buttercream frosting. Ssssoooooooo goooood.

____ wedding cake shots______

1/2 oz stoli vanilla vodka

1/2 oz frangelico hazelnut liquor

1 lemon, sliced

granulated sugar

mix vanilla vodka and frangelico together in a shot glass. Before taking a shot, dredge the lemon slice in sugar. Drink the shot and imediately bite the lemon. :d

excellent advise!! :d

Archived