Native Way Watersports Tours Georgetown Caymen Islands

haytay

Once we were off the tender, we walked to the general area where all the tour operators are at. Once everyone got there, they took us to their bus and rode through town and went to the docks where their boat was. Return trip was the same in reverse. :) We had a blast and are looking to do this tour again when we go back to GC. If I knew how to pst pictures, I would post what I have of that tour.

marci22-The bus driver knew how upset we were. She called her boss who told her to charge us 1/2 price. The problem was that I couldn't snorkel with a cast on my arm and they put us on the snorkel bus. If they had picked us up in the 10 or 15 minutes that they had promised, it wouldn't have been so bad. About an hour later we got picked up. We couldn't even get back to the dock. We just had to wait.

They dropped us at 7 mile beach. The problem was we couldn't even enjoy the beach since we had to wait by the side of the road.

The way it was handled was just wrong. Getting squished in this small bus was not enjoyable. We did enjoy going to Sting Ray City even though I couldn't get off the boat. I had done it before so it was ok.

I am sure that our situation was not the norm.

We did the Stingray, coral gardens and starfish snorkle on our cruise in September. Nativeway picked us up at the pier and loaded us on a bus. The bus took us to the boat. There we only about 15-16 people on this excursion. The two employees were wonderful. They provided cups, punch and water on the boat. They got into the water with us to show us how to handle the stingrays and he took our cameras and took pictures of interaction with the stingrays. Then we stopped at a place where the starfish were and one of the guides picked up one and showed us how to hold them so as not to hurt them. Again, the adults and the kids had a great time.

On the way back to the pier, they showed us all of the pretty houses and some of the stars houses. Once at the pier, it was back to the bus and to Grand Cayman.

We didn't have to buy anything on this tour. They actually used our cameras to take pictures. A real bargain.

Been reading and researching for our upcoming Caribbean cruise. With regard to Native Way in GC, as well as Coral Breeze in Belize, it seems that 19 out of 20 Reviewers have "the best day ever" with these companies. But then there will be that 1 of 20 that has a bad experience, sometimes horrendous.

I usually go with my gut instinct, but it always surprises and perplexes me that a highly recommended company would have such drastic "misses" now and again.

Interesting.

I have our third excursion booked with NativeWay and we have had awesome experiences both times. We did the RRRP tour the first time and both the snorkeling was good and swimming with the rays was one of the most awesome experiences I have ever had. It is not a cattle car ride out to the sandbar at all. We had one on one time with the crew in the water as well. Lunch and the beach time was great as well. I had pretty high expectations on that first trip and they were exceeded - which is why I have booked with them twice since.

We have booked with Nativeway three times now,awesome each time.We are booked again for this October.I have to remember sometimes....."to Err is human" so yes it is possible that even they have a bad day sometimes.

Kimberley

Archived