Lemon Curd Cake

I loved it too and was hoping someone could post the recipe. I liked almost all of the desserts, but this one was really special. Why don't they seem as sweet as desserts usually are? So good anyway!!

I do not have it exactly, but I know what one you are talking about. I have been thinking of trying to make it as well ever since I got back on Friday! I'd have more details but this is National Chocolate Week and my baking allows no time for non chocolate until the weekend. :)

This is what I think I am going to do this weekend though.

1) Make a lemon pound cake in a 9 inch springform pan with a slightly cinnamoned sugar struesel topping

3) Make a small sponge cake recipe in a 9 inch springform pan

2) Make the lemon curd and fold in stiffly beaten whipping cream stiffened with unflavored gelatin

4) Spread curd mixture over pound cake

5) Carefully fit pound cake layer into this springform pan on top of the lemon curd and let set up 3-4 hours in refrigerator

This is my tested lemon curd recipe - it is awesome and super easy! It is very lemony so if you like it sweeter, add another 1/4 cup of sugar.

Microwave Lemon Curd

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Makes: 2 cups

1 cup sugar

3 eggs

1 cup lemon juice

1/2 cup melted butter

In microwave-safe bowl, whisk together sugar and eggs till smooth. Stir in lemon juice and butter. Cook in microwave for one minute intervals, stirring after each minute till mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Remove from microwave and pour into storage container. Cover with plastic wrap directly on surface of curd till cool, then cover tightly. Store up to three weeks in refrigerator. If you overcook the mixture a bit or forget to stir, you can pass the mixture through a fine sieve to remove the bits of cooked egg.

Archived