Bringing water and soda on MSC Poesia

perascapes

Does any one know if you can bring water and soda to keep in your stateroom? If yes then how much? I've brought 12 packs of soda and water on carnival cruises.

I have no idea if you can bring water or soda on the Poesia, but I'm gonna find out on

April 10th. I'm bringing 6 bottles of Perrrier and about 4 bottles of Snapple. I've done this on several other cruises and I don't see any reason why I can't do it on MSC. ;)

I brought both, in zip log bags in my checked, not carry-on luggage, with no problem. In Key West, bought a 12 pack diet coke and packed them in our back pack. No problem. My guess is they may have said something if we had carried them in plain sight. I was prepared to argue; I love my diet coke and this is an all Pepsi ship.

Good luck

The official policy accross the entire fleet is that no food or beverages can be brought onboard. They are not very diligent at enforcing the rule. I'v brought alchol onboard (only a bottle at atime) in plain sight and never had any issues.That said you could be unlucky and get someone on security who does enforce the rule and take it from you. If that happens, they will return it to you at the end of the cruise. Most people seem to report that they've had no issues though. I can only rememeber I think either 1 or 2 posters in the years that I've been on these threads saying they got something taken from them.

Good luck

Archived