Need info on Upselling on Jewel

Joecadd8269

hello all, I will be sailing on Jewel on May 1st. I am currently booked in CAT BD and looking to upsell my cabin to a suite or better.

I was wondering if anyone had advice on how to do so or what worked best for them if they were able to do so. Also what kind of price will I be looking at. I am open to anything from a Mini suite to a penthouse or Garden Villa if possible depending on the price.

Hope you can help

Our cruise leaves April 4 and we are booked in a Courtyard Villa. Originally there were 5 of us (myself, hubby & 3 kids). Just last week my step-daughter realized she would be able to join us. So we are squeezing all 6 of us in there. I mentioned to my NCL Reservation Cosultant that had I known she would be joining us we probably would have booked a Penthouse and a connecting Mini-suite (we that arrangement previously and it worked out great) but I was looking too forward to the Courtyard perks to change it now. I asked if they would consider us for the Garden Villa. Her response was, it would probably sell by then, if not we would have a good chance at an upsell because of the amount of people in our room. Well, on Monday of this week, not being able to wait any long, I called NCL and talked to a random Reservation Agent, and she said no upsells would be considered until 3 weeks prior to sailing, we had 4 weeks until our sailing. Well, once again....not being able to wait any longer I called the upsell desk and left a message. This was that same evening.

Then, surprisingly......they called back yesterday......and offered us the Garden Villa......for a "low" price of and additional $11,500. We were already spending approximately that much, so it was out of the question. I asked if there was room for negotiation, unfortunately there was not.

At least they called.....I was so excited, but disappointed it was out of our price range. Not sure if they even recieved my message or if they just happened to call. At any rate, we will enjoy our cruise in the Courtyard Villa.

Hope this helps

If you watch the prices frequently as I do then you realize the upsells come when there is a downward price adjustment in the category. I was going to use the upsell dept on the Jewel's 3/14 cruise and did call them. They offered me no different price than what the web showed me at the current time of the call. I ended up going back to my PCC and within an hour later got the upsell that I wanted for the price that I wanted. It was VERY strange. My PCC is incredible though and I give her props for getting what I wanted done! :)

If you watch the prices frequently as I do then you realize the upsells come when there is a downward price adjustment in the category. I was going to use the upsell dept on the Jewel's 3/14 cruise and did call them. They offered me no different price than what the web showed me at the current time of the call. I ended up going back to my PCC and within an hour later got the upsell that I wanted for the price that I wanted. It was VERY strange. My PCC is incredible though and I give her props for getting what I wanted done! :)

Forgive my ignorance but what is PCC?

Some basics: don't call the upsell department any sooner than two to three weeks out. They will tell you if you are early and when to call back. The average upsell is 50% of the published difference between what you have and what you want. Politeness and patience go a long way. There is no downside to you calling them.

hello all, I will be sailing on Jewel on May 1st. I am currently booked in CAT BD and looking to upsell my cabin to a suite or better.

I was wondering if anyone had advice on how to do so or what worked best for them if they were able to do so. Also what kind of price will I be looking at. I am open to anything from a Mini suite to a penthouse or Garden Villa if possible depending on the price.

Hope you can help

It depends on what you are willing to pay. I called the upsell desk for an upsell from a BA to AD on the Star 7 weeks out and paid $1,200. We had paid $649 pp for the ad so it was another $600 each. At that time the AD cabins were going for $1,600 and I really wanted the AD & the breakfast in Cagney's. It never hurts to call.

Why they keep using MINI SUITE when it should be Deluxe Balcony since that is what it is. At least Epic has it correct. They list the Suite pricing with it & folks are emensely disappointed when they learn what I jsut told you. NO PERKS! Another way of saying Mini is baby suite & it has to grown up to be a real suite. Garen Villa is the Parents of the suites.

Hope you can help

Hope you can help

Joecadd,

I agree with most of the posters up to this point. My understanding, and experience is that upselling happens from the "top down" so to speak. In other words, NCL will begin by offering Garden Villas to People in an Owner's Suite, OS to those in a Penthouse, etc. I learned this trip that already being in a Mini Suite seemed to get someone's attention. I made it VERY clear to my Personal Cruise Consultant at NCL that I was interested in an upsell. From what I've read on CC, the window seems to be from three weeks out to the week of departure.

I would agree about watching the site for an indication of the number of unsold cabins as you get closer to departure. We leave this Sunday (3/14) and recieved an upsell offer Tuesday of this week. We moved to an AC Penthouse Suite for an additional $250.00 per person. In effect we got the Penthouse Suite for about $2,000.00 below 'retail'.

Hope this helps.

Lee

Archived