Directly off the ship - Limon

babybumblebees

Sorry if this has been asked and answered - but I can't find it ;). Is there anything worth doing/seeing directly off the ship? Thinking of doing the Freedom in early June (Carnival). We have a 9 year old - and a 15 and 16 year old. Would 9 year old and me (mom) be able to hang around the port safely, while Dad and kids went ziplining?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered - but I can't find it ;). Is there anything worth doing/seeing directly off the ship? Thinking of doing the Freedom in early June (Carnival). We have a 9 year old - and a 15 and 16 year old. Would 9 year old and me (mom) be able to hang around the port safely, while Dad and kids went ziplining?

If you mean Puerto Limon, Costa Rica, then the answer is yes. But I would encourage you to ride along while the rest of the crew goes ziplining as the countryside is beautiful. We booked through greenway tours www.greenwaytours.com and they were wonderful. I booked just for my husband and myself and there was another family who had also booked the excursion who were from a different ship.

We went ziplining, to a banana plantation and my hubby & I went to Playa Bonita while the other family took a boat ride through the rainforest. Booking with Greenway directly was much cheaper than through the ship and they did a great job.

There is a market inside the port under a tent. They have handcrafts, jewelry, coffee, tshirts, etc. There were also ladies giving manicures and pedicures for $15.00 - I got a pedicure that looked spectacular!

When we stepped out of the market, there were men with fresh chilled coconuts for $1.00. They cut the top off with their machete and put in a straw. The fresh coconut milk was really refreshing.

Hope you have a wonderful time!

If you mean Puerto Limon, Costa Rica, then the answer is yes. But I would encourage you to ride along while the rest of the crew goes ziplining as the countryside is beautiful. We booked through greenway tours www.greenwaytours.com and they were wonderful. I booked just for my husband and myself and there was another family who had also booked the excursion who were from a different ship.

We went ziplining, to a banana plantation and my hubby & I went to Playa Bonita while the other family took a boat ride through the rainforest. Booking with Greenway directly was much cheaper than through the ship and they did a great job.

There is a market inside the port under a tent. They have handcrafts, jewelry, coffee, tshirts, etc. There were also ladies giving manicures and pedicures for $15.00 - I got a pedicure that looked spectacular!

When we stepped out of the market, there were men with fresh chilled coconuts for $1.00. They cut the top off with their machete and put in a straw. The fresh coconut milk was really refreshing.

Hope you have a wonderful time!

In addition to spending some time in the market at the port (lots of interesting handicrafts), my DH and I had a lovely walk around the town; there is a little park to the right of the port area with some play structures. We only wandered about a four block radius and all was fine.

Photos in the link below under Brilliance of the Seas Panama Cruise.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Kathy:)

Archived