Is it worth it?

*Rant/long entry ahead...

I'm having a heck of a time dealing with TWE (Royal Romance). I've read the horror stories about the company so I guess I went into this somewhat prepared to deal with a lot of BS. I filled out on my paperwork about 30 days ago and checked the box that I wanted them to obtain the marriage license. I faxed in our marriage license application on Monday. It was 63 days until the wedding on Monday and wanted to make sure I avoided that late charge you get when it's less than 60 days away. (I put off faxing it in because I was afraid they would lose it or process it too early) I got a call back on Tuesday (yesterday) asking why I submitted the paperwork for a marriage license, they assumed I was obtaining one myself? I called them back yesterday and clarified that I wanted them to obtain one. Next, they called me on the wrong number again this morning (which I asked them twice to change) and told me I never paid for the marriage licensing fee. I paid the wedding package price that was quoted to me to pay when I started this whole thing, but was fine paying the additional licensing fee since I apparently never paid it to begin with. After 55 combined minutes on hold, the person I spoke with told me that I was responsible for the $150 late fee since it is 60 days before the wedding. I couldn't believe they were trying to tell me I was responsible for something they overlooked 30 days ago, and something I took care of on Monday. I finally talked them out of the fee when they went back and checked that I did indeed check the box for licensing a month ago. Anyways, sorry that was so long and rambling. This isn't the first problem I've had with them. My question is: should I even bother contacting Royal Caribbean about it? I know the major cruiselines contract out this company, so is there even anything they can do? My Mom is terrified that they're going to screw something up on the day of because they have been so completely unorganized about everything so far...What do you think the best thing to do is? Just let it go?

Signed,

Trying desparately not to be a bridezilla ;)

If you feel it will help you personally...them contact them. But don't expect anymore than an apology.

Personally, I wouldn't bother. A fair amount of things went wrong with my wedding because of TWE...but I just had to let it roll of my back and get past it. Writing letters and making phones calls for apologies weren't worth my time.

Archived