Cigar smoking on balcony?

How does a "considerate' smoker keep the smoke off our balcony? We purchased our cabin so we could also enjoy our balcony as well.

They usually wait until there is no one out next door, on either side...light up and in about 45 minutes or so they are done.

no chain smoking with cigars.

:D

On my first cruise (Sensation) in January, my friends and I wanted to be absolutely certain it was okay to smoke in our suite...to the point of calling the PVP back a few times just to be sure. (Smokers are so used to being told NO that we couldn't believe we heard YES.)

When we went into our cabin on the first day, the steward came in and told us we had to smoke out on the balcony. HUH?? :confused:

For the duration of the cruise, we did whatever we wanted to and not what the steward told us to do.

BUT---anyone who wants to pay for my penthouse can make the rules and I'll be happy abide by them. :D

I thought I read somewhere that you cannot smoke cigars on your balcony....you have to smoke them in the "cigar lounge". Please verify because DH would love to bring some.

You can smoke cigars on your balcony. Beware if you have a neighbor who goes to Guest Services and complains multiple times, security will come to your room and tell you to go to Cigar bar. This happened to me on one cruise out of many. It was funny as security told me to smoke cigarettes instead.

As a Canadian citizen I think you can bring Cubans into the US. As someone else said, the only hassle they might give you is if you have several boxes as it would appear you are bringing them here for resale.

I had HOPE that Obama would CHANGE the rules and lift the embargo of cuban goods. Just one more area that our new president has come up short.

How does a "considerate' smoker keep the smoke off our balcony? We purchased our cabin so we could also enjoy our balcony as well.

If you don't like cigars, why in the world would you open a thread solely about cigar smoking? So you could get on a soapbox. Let me get a pen real quick...hold on. "Jaybird doesn't like cigar smoking" Got it!

As a Canadian citizen I think you can bring Cubans into the US. As someone else said, the only hassle they might give you is if you have several boxes as it would appear you are bringing them here for resale.

I had HOPE that Obama would CHANGE the rules and lift the embargo of cuban goods. Just one more area that our new president has come up short.

No matter where you are from...cubans can not cross our boarders legally.

:cool:

That is a contradiction in terms - especially for cigar smokers.

If I smell your cigar, you are going to have my Putrescine and cadaverine tossed on your balcony. It will be followed by the container of methyl mercaptan. Believe me, in the stink category, my chemicals will smell a whole lot worse than your chemicals.

DON

OMG....so you are the one responsible for these.....

St. Petersburg incident

On December 26, 2005, dozens of people at a St. Petersburg, Russia Maksidom home supplies store became ill when gas suspected to be methanethiol was released.[1] The store had received letters threatening to disrupt business during the Christmas season. Three other stores belonging to the same chain found boxes with glass containers and timers that also might have been rigged to release the gas.

Milan incident

In 2004, an exhausted methanethiol canister used by a natural gas distributor was being returned to a supplier for refilling. The canister sprang a leak while in transit at a road deliveries company in Sesto San Giovanni, a town just north of Milan, Italy. Gas was carried by winds across the eastern half of the city of Milan, causing residents as far as 12 kilometers from the canister to make thousands of calls that overwhelmed emergency services for four hours, and risked hiding actual gas leaks.

San Francisco Bay Area Incident

On November 12, 2009, an out-of-state natural gas supplier injected too much methanethiol into the local supply lines. The resulting odor alarmed many thousands of customers, who called emergency services to report what they thought were leaks.

LMAO:rolleyes::p

If a steward tells you smoking is not allowed in the cabins, he/she is wrong. Smoking is allowed in cabins (except Cloud 9 Spa cabins).

And no.....I don't smoke in the cabins or hotel rooms, whether they allow smoking or not.

If a steward tells you smoking is not allowed in the cabins, he/she is wrong. Smoking is allowed in cabins (except Cloud 9 Spa cabins).

Thank you, KenMo. ;) As I said, we were VERY explicit with our PVP about wanting a cabin where smoking was allowed. Since we knew it was okay to smoke in there, we just ignored him. Kinda like ignoring "holier than thou" people who bash smokers on a post about smoking! :D

I'd be happy no matter who changed the rule! 40 years of embargo and what do we have to show for it. Castro is still alive and kicking, the people of Cuba continue to suffer, and not one iota of "greater good" has been accomplished. I have to break a stupid law everytime I buy a nice habano in the British Virgin Islands where it is legal.

I was very seriously considering Carnival for our next family cruise but am SOOO glad I came across this post. I DO NOT WANT to sail in staterooms where people are allowed to smoke in them. I always thought it was on balcony only, but thanks for clarifying this for me.

I have no issues with smokers but I don't want to spend a week in a stateroom that smells like smoke since we are non-smokers.

I was very seriously considering Carnival for our next family cruise but am SOOO glad I came across this post. I DO NOT WANT to sail in staterooms where people are allowed to smoke in them. I always thought it was on balcony only, but thanks for clarifying this for me.

I have no issues with smokers but I don't want to spend a week in a stateroom that smells like smoke since we are non-smokers.

They clean the cabins very well and I have never had one that smelled of smoke. You won't even know if someone has smoked in there before you. They are not like hotel rooms that smell like smoke.

Please don't let that stop you from sailing Carnival.

There are plenty of nonsmoking cruisers who say you can not smell smoke in the cabins.

On the outside chance that you do smell smoke, just tell the steward. They have a very good way of cleaning it out for you. Including changing the bedding, etc.

smokers assume their smoke goes out to sea..it doesn't...your smoke affects others..but then they are not important

hate to preach but come on folks

nice mature attitude..you must be the couple who stink up non smoking hotel rooms so customers after you with health issues get violently ill

since people who do this are too self important to understand the harm they do its a waste of my time arguing the point..please just post when you will cruise so the rest of us know what ships to avoid

Hate to preach? Seriously?

I'd be happy no matter who changed the rule! 40 years of embargo and what do we have to show for it. Castro is still alive and kicking, the people of Cuba continue to suffer, and not one iota of "greater good" has been accomplished. I have to break a stupid law everytime I buy a nice habano in the British Virgin Islands where it is legal.

The reality is that the embargo has done more to KEEP Castro in power than it has to destabilize him. Castro has a built-in 'bad guy' and nothing keeps the people together than to unite against a bad guy. The embargo has keep cuban cigars of america's streets and American ideals and values off Cuban streets.j

And I'm LMAO at the anti-smokers in this thread. Now I'm off to a BMW forum to start bashing German cars.

I like to share my cigar smoke with everyone, that is why I try to get a as far forward as I can so everyone all along the ship can enjoy.

just kidding

Only if is a nice H. Upman No. 46. otherwise it might kill me and give me an allergic to smoke reaction!:rolleyes: Well maybe I could accept a nice R&J.:D

I called Carnival's Bon Voyage department to inquire about smoking policies and learned that the policies are ship-specific. As for Spirit, on which I am soon sailing, learned that policy is this: smoking (including pipes and cigars) permitted in all outdoor venues on starboard side of ship, in the Champions sports bar, and in staterooms and on all stateroom balconies. I would love to smoke my cigars on balcony, but will attempt to determine if will bother neighbors before indiscriminately lighting up.

I called Carnival's Bon Voyage department to inquire about smoking policies and learned that the policies are ship-specific. As for Spirit, on which I am soon sailing, learned that policy is this: smoking (including pipes and cigars) permitted in all outdoor venues on starboard side of ship, in the Champions sports bar, and in staterooms and on all stateroom balconies. I would love to smoke my cigars on balcony, but will attempt to determine if will bother neighbors before indiscriminately lighting up.

Hey I'm on the same cruise. We will have to get together and enjoy a smoke or two. What are your favorites?

Archived