Please walk me through the process...

phantomtales

Hello Experts,

I have cruised a few times and been to Disney World a few times but never both. I have a little guy now and think that DCL would be a good choice for travel with the under 2 crowd. Thinking about 2 days at a Disney Resort for the parks and then a 4 day cruise. How does the transportation/check-in/luggage process work? Thanks in advance...

when you arrive at the airport the Magical express will give you a free ride to your on site hotel. Then if you have bought DCL transfers you will be given a time and place to meet at your hotel, check in for the cruise, they will take your luggage and then the Disney bus will take you to the port and then will take you to the airport after the cruise.

For us we checked in at noon in the lobby and they went to our room to get our luggage for us. Then around 12:30 we got on the bus and went to the port.

If you do the cruise it works in reverse. If you buy the disney transfers you will get on the disney bus at the airport, they will get your luggage for you, so you'll just have your carry on with you. They take you to the port and then after the crusie the cruise bus will take you back to WDW to your hotel. Then after that the Magical express will take you to the airport.

Its very easy to do and everything is marked clearly for you.

Does everything work the same if you book the too trips seperately? I seem to be getting better pricing on the room booking that by itself than from the pre-stay link on the DCL site.

It's a lot cheaper to book them separately. That is what we did. It still works the same, just have to make sure you call and book the DCL bus transfers to and from the port. You can tell them when you book the room and they should be able to help you.

we received a information booklet 2 weeks prior to our vacation with special tags for our luggage for the hotel so Disney even got our luggage and delivered it to our room. There is a check in point at the beginning of the Magical express line where you show you documents and they check you onto the bus and confirm how many pieces of luggage you have.

That booklet explains thoroughly what to do. Disney really makes its easy and fast check ins for their buses. Its really stress free.

• 1 month later...

Hello to all - I have a related question. I have heard that the buses leave the disney resorts for the port about 11-12. Can anyone confirm? I'm wondering if we have time for a character breakfast the morning of the transport to the cruise. Also, does anyone know if they make you put your luggage outside your resort room the night before your cruise (like they do on the last night of the cruise)? Thanks to all, this is a great forum!

For a character breakfast, if you get one that is close to your resort, and one of the earliest, you should have no problem. Leave yourself abut an hour transfer time between the resort and your park, a little more if you have to change resorts for the DCL bus.

As far as your bags, as long as your in one of the resorts that the DCL bus picks up at, I think that you leave your luggage in the room, together and the hotel picks it up to take it to the front where the transfer company picks it up.

Archived