Will we be happy on the Century?

jana616

My DH and I are looking at a cruise this year to celebrate our anniversary. We went on a 7 night on RCCL Radiance of the Seas back in January 2006 and had an amazing time. The top contender for us this year is the May 3rd Century, 7 nights, W. Caribbean. My DH has sailed on Celebrity before (1998 and 1999) and loved it, but I never have.

All of that to ask...will two 30 somethings be happy on this ship? We aren't wild party animals, by any means, but we like to do more than just lay around. On the Radiance, for instance, we enjoyed Quest, the Newlywed Game (both as observers!), the rock climbing wall, and my DH played in a basketball tournament. Are there things like this on Celebrity? I picture it as an older, more sedate cruise, and I am wondering if my assumption is way off. Any advice you can offer would be much appreciated!

My DH and I are looking at a cruise this year to celebrate our anniversary. We went on a 7 night on RCCL Radiance of the Seas back in January 2006 and had an amazing time. The top contender for us this year is the May 3rd Century, 7 nights, W. Caribbean. My DH has sailed on Celebrity before (1998 and 1999) and loved it, but I never have.

All of that to ask...will two 30 somethings be happy on this ship? We aren't wild party animals, by any means, but we like to do more than just lay around. On the Radiance, for instance, we enjoyed Quest, the Newlywed Game (both as observers!), the rock climbing wall, and my DH played in a basketball tournament. Are there things like this on Celebrity? I picture it as an older, more sedate cruise, and I am wondering if my assumption is way off. Any advice you can offer would be much appreciated!

My husband and I LOVED the Century. We cruised Northern Europe and had a busy itinerary so I am not sure what we would have thought on a more relaxing cruise. That is not to say we wouldn't like it... we loved MANY things about this ship! I adored the size! The service was some of the best we have ever had. I LOVE the Sunset Bar. Radiance class ships have been my favorite on Royal Caribbean... but after sailing on the Century and also a few times on the Solstice... I am afraid we have both outgrown Royal Caribbean forever.

Thanks for the reply! I know from my husband that he loved the service and dining when he was on Celebrity, so I was mostly worried about being bored. I looked around their website a little more tonight, and it sounds great! Really I just want a break from my 5 and 2 year olds, so even just sitting on a deck with a book would be fun!

I don't believe you will be bored! We've sailed on Century a few times. I believe this will either be our 4th time come April.

There is alot to do on any of Celebrity's ships.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Charlie

Because of a comment on another thread, I called Celebrity tonight and got confirmation of a drydock for a week. The rep said it would at least include replacing soft goods and carpet, etc ... anything that was old or torn or just needed replacing. She said to call back closer to the date because they really hadn't been given details as to what the drydock would entail.

I think that means that going forward ... from May 3rd sailing on ... the Century should be looking quite good! I'm excited ... since I am taking her on the May 20th TA. That should be swell!:D

fern

Archived