How much to tip the guides at Randi's/Los Veranos?

Ma2AnZ

I'm trying to get an idea of how much money to budget for our excursions with Randi & Los Veranos. Does anyone know what the "average tip amount" usually is for the guides on these tours? Also, how many guides are there? And at Los Veranos, is there a "head guide" that you can tip & he'll split the money, or do you usually tip them all separately?

(I am an over-thinker...can you tell?)

Thanks for any input you can give me! :-)

We were horseback riding with Randi back in early 2008 and thought the operation was really good. The horses are healthy and well taken care of. Being here in Colorado has given me a pretty good equine background so my non professional and experienced opinion is that they care for their horses and love their jobs. Tips ... where to begin. No one expects a tip but when the service is good, it certainly is a nice gesture.

Oceanaddict, I had heard good things about the horses...that they seemed to be fat and happy. Always good to hear more positive opinions about that kind of stuff!

I was able to find the answer to my own question regarding Los Veranos. If anyone else is interested, apparently they have a tip jar at the end of the tour.

Still wondering how it's usually done with Randi's people...tip each guide separately? Hand all the $ to Randi? Tip jar? (Obviously this is not a huge deal...I can figure it out when we go...I'm just one of those people who likes to know as many little details as possible!)

Thanks for the replies, guys! :-)

PS..BobnSofi....LOL on the "Kum ba ya moment"

We did the Los Veranos canopy tour in December. Tipped $20 for two people. The reason being the guides usually carried whatever the handle thing is that is attached to the lines to hold onto - they would take them from you and carry them up the hill to the next platform. As hot as it was, and the fact it was uphill, made it worth the money. And yes they have a big tip barrel at the end. If you haven't done this tour, you'll love it.

Archived