Whale Watching in St. John, NB

We are going to be cruising to New England/Cananda on the Carnival Glory at the end of September. I would like to take my hubby on a whale watching excursion. Is this a good time? I'd rather book directly, any suggestions on who to use? Also, does anyone know if there is a company that combines the whale watching with the high/low tide area?

thanks.

We are going to be cruising to New England/Cananda on the Carnival Glory at the end of September. I would like to take my hubby on a whale watching excursion. Is this a good time? I'd rather book directly, any suggestions on who to use? Also, does anyone know if there is a company that combines the whale watching with the high/low tide area?

thanks.

I would call Freedom Tours in Saint John - they have shore excursions so they would be able to give you the best answer. Their number is 1-800-561-2324

The best whale watching in and around St. John, NB is about 1 1/2 to 2 hours either before your arrive or after you depart St. John. I have been there several times and have not seen whales close to St. John (not they are not there). Depending on the time you arrive/depart it may be better just to be outside on the front part of the ship with good binaculars.

With that said, that is just my experience. Others may be completely different and disagree with everything I have said!!

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

You won't be able to do the low/high tide and the whale watch. And you are getting to the end of the season. Having said that they do feed in the Bay of Fundy so you might still have a good day. But keep your eyes open like the other fella said and watch from the ship,too.

Archived