Voyager of the Seas 5/31/04 to Canada

For some reason, I can't access the original Meet and Mingle post for this cruise so I'm starting my own.

I've tried to post to the original Meet and Mingle post, but my computer freezes each time. I'm getting all your posts on my home e-mail, but I haven't been able to make a response to the original posting.

Just checking in to say Hi and hope to see everyone on Sunday. I'm really anxious to meet everyone. I'm finalizing my travel plans. I've learned that next time I cruise out of Bayonne to make sure I fly in to Newark and not LaGuardia! I guess I got too comfortable flying in and out of Miami and didn't realize the convoluted (and costly) travel arrangements I'd have to make to get to and from another port. Anyone want to share a cab back to LaGuardia!?

Oh well, that said, I'm really looking forward to a new cruise to some new ports.

We have plenty of bright hair bands so you'll be able to spot us. I'm hoping we'll meet up with you Sunday night, but if that doesn't work out, we'll see you on Monday at 2:00.

Bye for now.

Voyager 4/00
Explorer 1/02
Navigator 4/03

The correct date is 5/30/04 for Voyager to Canada.

Norway - 2/97;Leeward -12/97;
Grand Princess - 1/99; Leeward - 6/99; Dawn Princess - 11/99;Vision of the Seas - 6/00;Carnival Victory - 9/00; Zenith - 10/00
Mercury - 3/01; R1 -7/01; Grand Princess - 11/01; Majesty of the Seas - 12/01; Norwegian Star - 3/02;
Carnival Triumph - 7/02;
Maasdam - 11/02; Holiday - 12/02; Millennium - 4/03; Carnival Victory - 7/03; Zaandam - 8/03; Zuiderdam - 10/03; Enchantment of the Seas - 1/04; Galaxy - 3/04; QM2 - 5/04

Thanks, Cruise Pup, for the correction on the date. I knew that. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] Slip of the finger, I guess! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, I'm just trying to check in with everyone. I can't access the other post from my computer.

Hope to see you there!

Voyager 4/00
Explorer 1/02
Navigator 4/03

I dont think meet and mingles are for cruises for 5 days but only for 7 days or longer cruises. Its not your computer.

Going NOWHERE
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Miracle, February 13, 2005
Legend, October 22,2004
Voyager August 31,2003
Victory September 22,2002
Regal Empress,June 2001
Sensation,August 2000

damn stupid edit button- im sorry. I thought you were asking about the Meet and greet that ROyal does for its cruise critics.

Going NOWHERE
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Miracle, February 13, 2005
Legend, October 22,2004
Voyager August 31,2003
Victory September 22,2002
Regal Empress,June 2001
Sensation,August 2000

Deecruiser,
My return plans just changed from flying out of Newark to LGA. RCL charges 39./person for their bus. My flight is at 2:10 PM from LGA (hope debarkation is smoother than the first cruise). If our time coincides with yours, I would love to share transportation costs to LGA (re: 3 of us)

Hi Cathy (cgc33a):

It would be great if we could work out some transportation for the five of us to share back to LaGuardia. I'm not sure if 5 would work in a cab, but perhaps there is someplace that we could prebook a van. I'll check around tomorrow and let you know. It's gotta be cheaper than taking the cruise line's bus.

Our flight is at 1:36 so we're both on about the same schedule.

Does anyone have any ideas on how we can arrange this?

Diana

Voyager 4/00
Explorer 1/02
Navigator 4/03

Deecruiser:
I found an old post several pages back from the 5/16 sailing that mentioned cabs/transportation... It said that there were cabs, vans, limos lined up outside the pier (the poster said they were all the same price-I guess the NYC mileage rate etc) & they had no trouble getting one. That said, it might be a good idea to prearrange but who knows, even approximately when we will get off the ship (re: this is only the second arrival from Canada & RCCL is still working on their process). At present, we are in rm 8514 (might ask about an upgrade at pier)
Cathy

cgc33a:

Sounds like the best-case scenario is we will find a van for transport waiting for us at the pier; if not, I've got the list of taxi/van services in Bayonne and can call as soon as we're off the ship. I understand it is roughly $100 one way via cab (I think that includes tip and tolls). Let's just wait and see. I think it should work out.

We'll see you on board and can talk more then.

Diana and Liz [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Voyager 4/00
Explorer 1/02
Navigator 4/03

Just wanted to tell all going on VOS Canada 5/30/04 to have a great time. Let us know how it was when you get back. Can't wait for ours on 10/17

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;17;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
10/17/04 Voyager of the Seas

Archived