ship time, Costa Rica time

tweety33

I just found out they are 2 hrs. behind ship time.

Does the ship change to adjust there time so there is no confusion on the islands.

If my tour guide is picking us up at 10:00 I'd need to know if its ship time or island time.

I just found out they are 2 hrs. behind ship time.

Does the ship change to adjust there time so there is no confusion on the islands.

If my tour guide is picking us up at 10:00 I'd need to know if its ship time or island time.

You will need to check the port flyer your ship hands out the night before. It will state whether ship time or local time will be used. Also keep in mind Caribbean countries don't use daylight savings, so ship time could be EDT and local time would be EST. I believe Costa Rica is in the central time zone, hence the two hours difference -- one hour for central time and one hour for daylight time( EDT - 2 hours for CST).

Pretty sure your tour guide will be using local time, since they won't know what the ship's policy is. Bottom line is you might have to keep track of two different clocks.

• 1 month later...

Just got back from the Carnival Freedom last week. The ship had us set our clocks back one hour so ship time would match island time. I hope this helps someone else. After our last stop in Panama, they had us turn our clocks ahead 1 hr. to be on Florida time.

Archived