Can we find Octopus on the menu on the Gem?

moopdog

Not for me, trust me! But my 9 year old is obsessed with the idea of trying Octopus while on our upcoming cruise next week. I told him I'd check into it...anyone??

You can try the Sushi Bar. Not sure if it's available elsewhere.

See menu, below - Tako = octopus.

Oh, p.s., this menu is from the Jewel (not the Gem), but I'm willing to bet that the Gem's menu is very similar.

IMG_0307.jpg

Not for me, trust me! But my 9 year old is obsessed with the idea of trying Octopus while on our upcoming cruise next week. I told him I'd check into it...anyone??

Would Squid be close enough for him? I don't remember seeing octopus on any of the menus on the GEM in January....but I could have missed it.

The lightly battered and fried calamari in the Italian restaurant is awsome. :) I believe they also have it in the Tequila bar, as part of the tapas....free.

We just got off the Star and they had it one night in the MDR - mixed with other things - think it was later in the cruise. I didn't try it.

Thanks for the quick replies. Tako = octopus, good to know. I'm not sure if he'll try the squid instead. Then again, I never thought he'd want "tako" either. HA! Kids. :rolleyes:

There's always the snails (escargot) in Le Bistro....:D

I'm sure he'll find plenty of new foods to try on the ship. :)

Archived