infant in dinner at steakhouse on carnival?

nvrdunn

We are goin gwith the boys uncles and our infant will be 7 months and is too young to go to camp carnival with his older brother. Do you think we can bring him to the steakhouse at dinner with us? The uncles made dinner reservations at 8pm and requested a highchair and we havent heard anything negative back. This dining time would be during his normal evening naptime. Thanks

We are goin gwith the boys uncles and our infant will be 7 months and is too young to go to camp carnival with his older brother. Do you think we can bring him to the steakhouse at dinner with us? The uncles made dinner reservations at 8pm and requested a highchair and we havent heard anything negative back. This dining time would be during his normal evening naptime. Thanks

The only thing I can tell you is that you might get some ugly looks from fellow patrons who believe it should be adults only... and you have to pay 30 dollars for EVERYONE, including the infant.

The only thing I can tell you is that you might get some ugly looks from fellow patrons who believe it should be adults only... and you have to pay 30 dollars for EVERYONE, including the infant.

You have to pay $30 for the infant as well? Wow. We brought our 1 1/2 year old with us to the NCL Steakhouse (Cagneys) as well as Tequillas and they brought her a kids meal for no charge.

The uncles made dinner reservations at 8pm and requested a highchair and we havent heard anything negative back. This dining time would be during his normal evening naptime. Thanks

When we had a late rez, we would bring her asleep in her stroller and roll her next to the table where her high chair would go.

You have to pay $30 for the infant as well? Wow. We brought our 1 1/2 year old with us to the NCL Steakhouse (Cagneys) as well as Tequillas and they brought her a kids meal for no charge.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that is why we decided not to do it on our first since our son wasn't two. Of course, we couldn't have done it anyway because I didn't realize it wasn't on every ship and we ended up leaving the baby with his grandmother at home. But, yeah... I remember thinking that was a little ridiculous since he wouldn't have eaten anything.

Check with your cruiseline about the charges. Not all of them charge for children, especially not infants. On NCL, if the child only ordered off the regular children's menu (not off the specialty restaurant menu), there was no charge..and no charge for infants who were essentially sleeping in their stroller by momma's side.

Do be aware, though, that the speciality restaurants are designed to be an "upscale" atmosphere, and if your little one starts fussing or having a "meltdown", you will indeed get ugly looks from the other diners who are expecting a quiet or romantic dinner.

Thanks. We are going with our sons' honorary uncles and they wanted to take us out to dinner at the steakhouse. Our older son is already talking about being in the camp. DH and I are strong believers that if a child is acting up they are promptly removed from the table. Our dinner reservations are set for 8 or 8:30 I believe. I guess I have a little time to decide if I want to attempt it or not.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks. We are going with our sons' honorary uncles and they wanted to take us out to dinner at the steakhouse. Our older son is already talking about being in the camp. DH and I are strong believers that if a child is acting up they are promptly removed from the table. Our dinner reservations are set for 8 or 8:30 I believe. I guess I have a little time to decide if I want to attempt it or not.

This is how we were as well with our children personally I think it is good to have them exposed to finer dining as well as family dining. Any acts of rebellion were squashed instantly, the rebels were taken out of the dining room and dealt with and they learnt quickly to behave. They loved going out for dinner.

I would take him to the steakhouse and enjoy all the looks of surprise from fellow cruisers when the baby turns out to be an angel :)

Archived