Eastern or Western 7 day with a 4-5 year old?

unquenched

I've checked out a few of the different cruise websites to gather some ideas, but only those who cruise regularly with kids can help me decide the answer. :)

Long story short, we're planning our first family cruise for somewhere between December 2010 and May 2011. It will be two adults and our son who will be either 4 or 5 depending on when we go.

I've generally been more excited about the Eastern itineraries, but now I've found some Western itineraries that have also piqued my interest.

What did you like best when traveling with small children? I do know we want to visit a few beaches, but I see we can do that with either itinerary.

Thank you. :)

I've checked out a few of the different cruise websites to gather some ideas, but only those who cruise regularly with kids can help me decide the answer. :)

Long story short, we're planning our first family cruise for somewhere between December 2010 and May 2011. It will be two adults and our son who will be either 4 or 5 depending on when we go.

I've generally been more excited about the Eastern itineraries, but now I've found some Western itineraries that have also piqued my interest.

What did you like best when traveling with small children? I do know we want to visit a few beaches, but I see we can do that with either itinerary.

Thank you. :)

Unquenched, I've sailed all over the Caribbean, East, West and South. IMHO, I would say that the Western Caribbean is the most kid-friendly. In fact, you are right, all the Caribbean islands are great for kids. I just find that there is more for kids to do in the Western Caribbean ports.:D

That's so interesting- I was inclined to think the opposite before. But thanks for the feedback. I am definitely looking for kid-friendly port activities. DS is pretty adventurous already and he's good with traveling.

Try posting this question on the Family Cruises Board on Cruise Critic. You can get some very good and specific answers about the different ports of call. I also would agree that the Western itin. is the best for younger kids.

Archived