Carnival Glory... What gives?

seacloss

Right, so Glory just came out of drydock last month with multi-million dollar improvements and upgrades. :)

The board should have lots (IMO) of reviews of her new status.

I have seen a scant 3-4 reviews. The ship holds almost 2000 people. What did they think of her? :confused:

I see tons of Valor, Dream, Fascination, Ecstasy, Victory & Splendor reviews and threads.

Is no one interested in Glory? Am I in the minority? Because I am!

We were on Glory the first cruise after drydock -- 2/14 -- and several of us went back to the roll call with comments (check "Where are you 2/14/10?" which I think is now on page 3). Overall, everyone had a great time, but I think we'd all agree that the drydock period (two weeks?) wasn't enough. The big things were fine, although I didn't see anything of importance or interest broadcast on the big screen which had just been installed. There were several "little" things though that put people a bit off. In my case, I found the lighting in the atrium to be too dim -- the color-changing lights over the main bar weren't on at all. Two out of four glass elevators weren't working until several days into the cruise. The laundry on our deck was to be closed as almost all the machines weren't working. Finding working coffee dispensers on Lido was a challenge; the OJ was very watered down. I think some folks had food and water issues, although we were okay on those fronts -- our cabin steward and dining room staff were fabulous. Again, a lot of little things weren't right, but overall, nothing that would ruin our experience. We had a great time, as usual, on Carnival. I'd suggest you check the roll calls for recent Glory cruises to get a fuller picture. Happy cruising to all!:)

We were on Glory the first cruise after drydock -- 2/14 -- and several of us went back to the roll call with comments (check "Where are you 2/14/10?" which I think is now on page 3).

Thanks I had not thought of that. I checked it out. Looks like some small bugs to be hammered out.

Maybe we will get some more insight from the 03/07 sailing that just returned....

I was on the 2/28 sailing. I had a great cruise. I had not sailed on her before so I can't give you a before/after review. I do know they put in the big screen and the serenity deck was fantastic. Jason in the piano bar was a lot of fun. I thought the food in the MDR was great. This was my 5th cruise and 4th with Carnival.

We are back from the Glory cruised, Feb 28. Did not seem to have any major issues that I noticed. I had commented that I was not too impressed with the buffet and the times on their lunch/afternoon dining options, but overall the ship was in good shape, everything seemed to work fine. Really liked the serenity deck, the big screen showed movies at night although we did not attend. It sure seemed to be working ok when the hockey game was on! All pools were open, slide open the whole week, no problem getting coffee (although not that great).

They are changing crew, and the new crew was around inspecting the ship and making small repairs all week. The cruise director was leaving as well so don't know what the new one will be like.

We enjoyed their new format comedy club, with the 4 comediens .

Feel free to ask any specific questions.

I was on the Glory Jan 17-24th. The Italian contractors were on the ship working away on Deck 9 right outside my cabin and in the corridor down to the atrium almost everyday. Work was being done everywhere on open decks pre-dry dock. it didn't intrude too much with the passengers. I had a great time....I'd go on the Glory agian ina heartbeat..

Right, so Glory just came out of drydock last month with multi-million dollar improvements and upgrades. :)

The board should have lots (IMO) of reviews of her new status.

I have seen a scant 3-4 reviews. The ship holds almost 2000 people. What did they think of her? :confused:

I see tons of Valor, Dream, Fascination, Ecstasy, Victory & Splendor reviews and threads.

Is no one interested in Glory? Am I in the minority? Because I am!

• Full guest occupancy: 3730

• Normal occupancy (based on 2 per cabin): 2974

-----------------------------------------------------

Those were some really nice pics!!

We just got off the Glory last week. It was our first time on this ship, however, I thought it was as nice overall as many of the other Carnival ships. The art in the stairwells was kind of boring, but the ship was very nice. The updates were nice. We watched a movie out on the deck and the new adult area is very nice. Many more spring breakers than I thought there would be. Most were great. Some were being a real pain and were not good at drinking despite their attempts.

We are back from the Glory cruised, Feb 28. Did not seem to have any major issues that I noticed. I had commented that I was not too impressed with the buffet and the times on their lunch/afternoon dining options, but overall the ship was in good shape, everything seemed to work fine. Really liked the serenity deck, the big screen showed movies at night although we did not attend. It sure seemed to be working ok when the hockey game was on! All pools were open, slide open the whole week, no problem getting coffee (although not that great).

They are changing crew, and the new crew was around inspecting the ship and making small repairs all week. The cruise director was leaving as well so don't know what the new one will be like.

We enjoyed their new format comedy club, with the 4 comediens .

Feel free to ask any specific questions.

Thanks for the info. We sail April 18 on her and we were curious about what to expect. My husband and son are big ping pong fans. Do you remember what deck (if any) the table/s were? Were there any ping pong tournaments onboard? Does the Glory still have self serve laundry?

At least you had the hockey game! Our poor friends were on RCCL and didn't get to watch hockey during the Olympics because RCCL didn't have NBC. They did, however, manage to watch the gold medal game in the Long Beach airport waiting for their return flight home:)

Hey Carolin

Were you one of the Michigan group in the piano bar nightly - we must have seen you on several occaisons. Must say I learned some new lyrics on that trip!

Yes I was. :D HAHAHA There's lots of extras out there. haha

I was on the Glory last week and did not really notice anything MAJOR. Everything was nice but there was nothing that seemed like a super great new upgrade. The serenity area was nice. We found it was a nice place to have a drink before dinner. Or to lay out in the clam shells at night. I just wrote a trip report on the glory if you wanna check it out. search for glory trip report 3/7/10.

Archived