stingray beach and rum point or day on 7 mile..what would you do?

OZ1

Did stingray city years ago but have never been to rum point. Cruising with a first timer and wondering if I should choose a full day at 7 mile or do stingray and rum point. Rum point looks touristy in the photo's (i suppose 7 mile does as well). We like sun, good food and drinks and this will be my travel partners 1st time in the caribbean. Thoughts and suggestions please as I am struggling with this one.

Best tour I took was a trip to stingray city, then a snorkel at one of the reefs, from there we hit the turtle farm and the city of HELL. Great day trip! We are doing the exact same trip again in October. We used Island Marketing to book this tour. I think it was 76.00 per person and well worth it!

I think it depends if your traveling companion likes to get in the water. I was in Cayman in November and traveled with someone who absolutely didn't want to get in the water and do the stingray thing. 7 Mile Beach is beautiful and fits your description of loving sun, good food and drinks. If you also like to snorkel and be in the water you should do the Stingray tour, if not do 7 mile Beach.

Have fun!

We just did Stingray City with snorkeling at one reef last week with Moby Dick's. On the way back to the ship, he will drop you off at 7 mile beach. From there we took a cab for $2.50 per person (after much negotiating) back to the ship. There is also a city bus that will take you back for $2.50 per person. We found the beach to be very crowded and the sun very hot. We got a lot of sun, even with high SPF sunscreen on.

The Stingray City tour was, by far, the best part of our trip. If you go with Moby Dick's you may be able to get all three stops for one price, including 7 mile beach.

I have to tell you that we had a fantastic time with Nativeway Tours in Grand Cayman. We did the Stingrays, snorkeling at Coral Reef, lunch at Rum Point and then got driven back to town. The price is incredible...well worth it. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Archived