Fantasy Balcony Suite

rfkp

I just came across this forum and wish I had done so sooner. I have just booked our first cruise. 1 hour ago, online, no agent so I feel in the dark. I wonder if any one has any experiance on the Veranda Deck, balcony suite. Was this the wrong choise? Is the deck too high? My wife and I will be travelling on Feb. 24th. I was debating whether to wait till the last minute to try and get any deals but noticed that all the Balcony Suites were taken up till Feb. 24. This will be a honey moon of sorts since my wife of 2.5 years and I have never had one. We are both very busy people. I am a contractor and will be coming home for an R&R from IRAQ and wanted to do something special with my wife. Will I be allowed to change a name, say my mother-in-laws, in case I can't get out of this country? What about travel insurance? Can any one help with some advise.

Thank You

Robert

These suites are nice, but some of them have obstructed views. You would do better with a Cat. 12 Suite. I am sailing on the same day on the imagination and waited till a cat. 12 became available. Find out if your has an obstructed view.

We booked V23 on the Ecstasy as a partially obstructed view. It's the one with the "zodiac" (small lifeboat) in front of it. I plan on taking quite a few pictures so that people will know what it looks like. I have asked that very question forever and have yet to find a pic of that particular room. So hopefully I can help others.

Thank You all. TXRoo, I plan on taking pix of my suite as well and posting them. I think that this web coomunity is one of the best that I have seen and would like to contibute. It looks like taking cruises can turn into a life stlye. I want to learn from those who have gone before us, and help those who come after us. I just e-mailed my wife and we both cant wait.

With V18 you should be great! We were in V-3 on Fascination, and it was right below the gym. Loud at 630 am! :mad: Other than that we loved it. You walk right out the hallway to the decks. Have a wonderful trip!

Realize that there are pros and cons to the Cat. 11 suites (and, note, I've heard these on the boards but have not stayed in one of them):

Cons: 1) Highest up in the ship means more movement/swaying. Probably not enough to bother most people but if anyone is susceptible to sea-sickness, it might not be a place to be. 2) Cabins are bigger than normal cabins but not that much bigger. 3) Balconies are smaller. 4) Being at the top of the ship makes you close to the pools but not much else.

Pros: 1) Your cabins are fairly isolated - lots of privacy 2) Balcony 3) Bigger Cabin 4) Nothing above or below to make noise.

Pros for Cat. 12: 1) on the Upper deck sandwiched between 2 decks of cabins - no noise above or below 2) Much bigger cabins and balconies 3)Closer to food and entertainment but further from pools.

Cons for Cat. 11 & 12: 1) Very expensive 2) As expensive as "Owner Suites" on other cruiselines, but far smaller in Square footage (other cruiselines have 1000sf or at least 500sf for same price cabins). Normal cabins are 185 sf - these cabins, including balconies are 250 and 400sf which is not a large difference compared to the price difference.

Cons for Cat. 11 & 12: 1) Very expensive 2) As expensive as "Owner Suites" on other cruiselines, but far smaller in Square footage (other cruiselines have 1000sf or at least 500sf for same price cabins). Normal cabins are 185 sf - these cabins, including balconies are 250 and 400sf which is not a large difference compared to the price difference.

Suites being "expensive" depends on what you are looking for. I am cruising on Fantasy with my wife and 2 teens. We looked at booking 2 rooms vs. the cat. 12 suite which will accomodate all 4 of us. The price of the suite was a few hundred dollars more than 2 rooms but well worth it for the extra room, ameneties (like a fridge) and the balcony.

I agree that for a couple the suite is an extravagance but for a family I think it is a pretty good deal.

Tony.

I agree that for a couple the suite is an extravagance but for a family I think it is a pretty good deal.

Maybe it is a bit much for a couple and believe me when I say I have been one too think three times before spending money. After being here I have come to apperciate the little things a whole lot more. Today, I can afford the Balcony, when I return to Iraq, I may not have a tomorrow. I plan to give my wife the best that I can give her while I have her in my arms.

Archived