Explorer of the Seas with a 2 year old??

sylviesmom

I guess it's what you make it. I'm sure she'd have fun looking around and seeing all the new sights. Has she cruised at all before? If so, how did she do? How do you feel about not being able to do adult stuff? Can you and your husband and/or parents take turns watching her? We like to hang out in our cabin, read and watch the sea go by. If you like to do that, you'll be fine. If you want to partake in all the ship has to offer, then you might want to wait until your daughter is older.

When my son was two we sailed Carnival so he had some place to go play. Even when he was under two and too young for Camp, at least they had babysitting for a couple hours a day.

Taking turns watching her is not an issue as my folks are more than willing to share that responsibility. My husband and I are mainly concerned about what activities she'll be able to do especially if we are at sea for the first 3 days. I understand that there is a 45 minutes program everyday for the under 3 crowd but that hasn't gotten such rave reviews. We looked into NCL but my folks won't cruise them. Carnival would be an option if we can convince my folks to go in the spring when the ships start leaving from NYC.

We did it last year when our daughter just turned 3 and was only partially toilet trained, so the kids club wasn't an option. They had what was basically a Mommy and Me class every morning, which my wife took her to. But other than that, there isn't much to do with the kids that are not in the kids club.

I took my daughter on a 9 day repositional, ending in Bayonne on Voyager (see pic of her below on that cruise) we spent lots of days at sea and there were so many areas of the ship to explore with her. The prominade was good to just take a sit, enjoy not having anything to do while she could roam a bit :)

Archived