Stingraysailings 10:15am (GC time);docking time 10:00am (ship time)

boricua2007

Hi.

We'll be in GC - Glory-Carnival on 5/7. We arrive at 10:00am, but read here that's ship's time (eastern time) and the tour with Stingray Sailings is at 10:30am GC time (metting at 10:15am) which (I also read here ;) ) it should be 11:30am ship's time. That said, is an hour enough time to take a tender and be on port on time for the tour?

I know they (the tour co.) do this everyday, but it's always reassuring when some one, who has had the experience, tells you: "Don't worry, you'll be ok" :cool:

Thanks!

Sorry I don't have an exact answer for you with regards to the Glory. But this is a common issue now that we are in Daylight Savings Time for which GC does not observe. This question is frequent on these boards and based on my research and sailing on the Legend last may and planning excursion for a Conquest cruise this upcoming May here is what I found for those of us who plan independant excursions:

1) It is absolutely vital that you determine if Glory keeps its time set the same as your embarkation port and keeps it that way.

2) Use the exact terms of Eastern DAYLIGHT Time and Eastern STANDARD Time instead of just Eastern Time.

3) GC does not observe Daylight Savings time so they are Set for Eastern Standard time year round.

4) ASSUMING that Glory is set and kept at Eastern Daylight Time your arrival at 10:00 AM Ship Time is EDT which is 9:00 AM Island time or EST.

Having been to GC just once last may on the Legend we got off the ship first thing in the morning when tendering started and it took 10-15 minutes to tender to port. You should be fine but it is crucial that you determine if Glory sets her time to EDT for the duration of the cruise.

I also booked with Stingray Sailing and our ship arrives at the exact same time. I figured worse case scenario, we miss the excursion, we lose our deposit (there are only 2 of us) and I find another vendor when we arrive! lol I didn't want to miss out on the opportunity to go with them due to the wonderful reviews on here and other websites. I think everything should be fine. I read a few reviews that said they waited for latecomers a bit.

Did you check how many ships are there that day with you and what time they arrive? I noticed that we only have one other ship that also arrives at 10...so we should all be getting there about the same time.

We are going in April, so I can come back and let you know if we made it!

Thanks.

sbnuggie:

"2) Use the exact terms of Eastern DAYLIGHT Time and Eastern STANDARD Time instead of just Eastern Time." Sorry about that, I'm from PR so for me it was the same. My DB just explain to me the difference yesterday :D

PAcruiser116:

I think we think alike. That's exactly what I said to my DB: "What's the worst that can happen, that we lose our deposit for 2?" I booked it yesterday and I'm waiting for their confirmation. ;)

I looked up yesterday and we are supposed to be the only cruise on port that day, yey! Which ship are you cruising on? Please come back and let me know how it went!!! I'll be looking forward to your post. HAVE LOT OF FUN :cool:

That said, I did some research...again...and everybody says the Glory (some said all Carnival ships) keeps the time of the port of departure (Miami). So, other than having to wake up really early in order to catch an early tender :eek:, I'm confident everything will be ok.

Archived