NORTHERN CALIF Fun Cruisers

cctn

Is this it now? the Sharks play Canada and this round determines the Champs?

I saw the paper yesterday and great write up! I really want them to win -

GO GO GO!! carol

Carol, well to go to the finals our dear Sharks have to beat Vancouver: need to win 4 games out of 7. I have a feeling that they will be facing the Predators who just won tonight's game against the Bruins (Boston).

Interesting story concerning the last Sharks home game, you know the one where we won the 2 round game 7. So my son and his friend decided they wanted to buy tickets for the game so after lots of searching he found 4 tickets on craigslist. He met the guy paid him and he gave my son the print at home tickets. The day of the game at 2:00 the guy calls my son and says he forgot he posted the tickets also on stubhub and they sold them. Luckily he did refund the money to my son plus $20 for the trouble. His friend decides to head downtown to see if he can buy 4 tickets from a scalper. He meets this guy described as a big tall black man. He also had the print at home tickets, my sons friend pays the guy over $500 I guess you know where I'm going with this. They get to the front doors of the arena the guys scans the bar code on the tickets and they are fake :(:eek:. They try to find the guy and talk to the police no surprise the guy is gone and the police say there is nothing they can do. They even talk to another scalper who was seen speaking with the guy and he says he has no idea who the guy is. My son's friend took the loss for the tickets since he was the one who bought them. Hard lesson for these 21 yr olds to learn yet life is full of lessons sometimes learned the hard way.

Another drag for us our beautiful TV is broken it started out with a few verticle lines appearing on the screen then it turned into a solid strip covering 1/4 of the screen. Luckily I bought a extended warranty at Best Buy when I bought the TV 2 yrs ago. The repair guy arrives Monday installs a new circuit board the TV is working fine till the end of the day and boom the strip is back. We are now waiting for another part to be ordered so no Sharks game on our beautiful TV tonight :(.

I guess we will be moving a smaller TV from one of the bedrooms to the livingroom no where near as nice as watching a big screen TV.

Go SHARKS

Yvonne -so sorry about the $500 lesson that had to be learned the hard way - or EASY for the guy teaching it to them.......sad... can't trust anyone these days - esp those types of people who like to make $$ their way.

We had a 32" - one that is old old in our bedroom and when it was replaced with a big screen, no one in our family/friends wanted it - said they had junk of their own to get rid of-- so we put it in front of our house and no one would even steal it! ha!ha! finally our neighbor next door said he'll take it, put it in his garage and let his grandkids use it for their games. Those oldies are sure heavy!

Go SHARKS!! carol

Interesting story concerning the last Sharks home game, you know the one where we won the 2 round game 7. So my son and his friend decided they wanted to buy tickets for the game so after lots of searching he found 4 tickets on craigslist. He met the guy paid him and he gave my son the print at home tickets. The day of the game at 2:00 the guy calls my son and says he forgot he posted the tickets also on stubhub and they sold them. Luckily he did refund the money to my son plus $20 for the trouble. His friend decides to head downtown to see if he can buy 4 tickets from a scalper. He meets this guy described as a big tall black man. He also had the print at home tickets, my sons friend pays the guy over $500 I guess you know where I'm going with this. They get to the front doors of the arena the guys scans the bar code on the tickets and they are fake :(:eek:. They try to find the guy and talk to the police no surprise the guy is gone and the police say there is nothing they can do. They even talk to another scalper who was seen speaking with the guy and he says he has no idea who the guy is. My son's friend took the loss for the tickets since he was the one who bought them. Hard lesson for these 21 yr olds to learn yet life is full of lessons sometimes learned the hard way.

Another drag for us our beautiful TV is broken it started out with a few verticle lines appearing on the screen then it turned into a solid strip covering 1/4 of the screen. Luckily I bought a extended warranty at Best Buy when I bought the TV 2 yrs ago. The repair guy arrives Monday installs a new circuit board the TV is working fine till the end of the day and boom the strip is back. We are now waiting for another part to be ordered so no Sharks game on our beautiful TV tonight :(.

I guess we will be moving a smaller TV from one of the bedrooms to the livingroom no where near as nice as watching a big screen TV.

Go SHARKS

Yvonne, oh I am so sorry to hear that your son & his friend got ripped off! I hope that they find him; sure he will be around the Shark Tank again! We have been lucky with buying and sellling tickets from Craigslist but the times are different now. I can image the fraud going on with these types of events. I am so depressed that we are down by 2...they need to get hot for game 3!

Hope you have your big screen in working order now!

GO SHARKS!...you can do it!

Yvonne, hope you got the replacement big screen or at least got it fixed by now!

Did you watch last night's game? I was sweating out the third period but the final 2 + minutes were the hardest. We are wearing our "Sharks" t's today as we head out later tonight for dinner. Have you ever tried the Sonoma Chicken restaurant?

I have a gift certificate that I want to redeem. Hope you have fun weekend plans!

Yvonne, hope you got the replacement big screen or at least got it fixed by now!

Did you watch last night's game? I was sweating out the third period but the final 2 + minutes were the hardest. We are wearing our "Sharks" t's today as we head out later tonight for dinner. Have you ever tried the Sonoma Chicken restaurant?

I have a gift certificate that I want to redeem. Hope you have fun weekend plans!

Hey Janice,

No my TV is still not fixed the guy from Geek Squad said on Monday he would order the part and that's the last I heard from him. The TV from the bedroom is actually a new 40" Samsung HD so its not like I'm slumming it with a old TV I just prefer my even bigger TV I am a TV snob plain old spoiled. Honestly I never use to be yet when I got my first big screen HD TV that did it :o.

As for Sonoma Chicken Coop yes yes we've eaten there many many times. Which location are you going too? The one on San Pedro or the one near the airport? I always order the half chicken with lemon caper sauce. Let me know how you like I'm not always thrilled with it. I've purchased coupons on Restaurant.com for Sonoma a few times also.

I'm sitting at work today waiting for the world to end :rolleyes:. I'm off at 4:30 then I'm meeting my sister and Mom at Tarragon in Sunnyvale for dinner. Then we are going to the movies in Mt. View to see Jane Eyre. Its hard to find a movie that my Mom will like. Hopefully she likes this one I really wish we caught it when it was at Santana Row since I really don't like

Century Cinemas 16 in Mountain View GETTO :p.

The Sharks almost gave me a heart attack last night I truly could not sit on the couch and watch those last few minutes. I went in the kitchen and had the volumn up so I could hear it without seeing it. I sure hope we can keep it up and win the next 2 games.

Tomorrow I am going to a tea at my friends home. She lives in a beautiful home in the East Foothills. That should be nice hopefully not too boring I'm not all into formalities you know holding my pinky out as I drink my tea :). Ok have a great week my Northern California Fun Cruisers.

Hey Janice,

No my TV is still not fixed the guy from Geek Squad said on Monday he would order the part and that's the last I heard from him. The TV from the bedroom is actually a new 40" Samsung HD so its not like I'm slumming it with a old TV I just prefer my even bigger TV I am a TV snob plain old spoiled. Honestly I never use to be yet when I got my first big screen HD TV that did it :o.

As for Sonoma Chicken Coop yes yes we've eaten there many many times. Which location are you going too? The one on San Pedro or the one near the airport? I always order the half chicken with lemon caper sauce. Let me know how you like I'm not always thrilled with it. I've purchased coupons on Restaurant.com for Sonoma a few times also.

I'm sitting at work today waiting for the world to end :rolleyes:. I'm off at 4:30 then I'm meeting my sister and Mom at Tarragon in Sunnyvale for dinner. Then we are going to the movies in Mt. View to see Jane Eyre. Its hard to find a movie that my Mom will like. Hopefully she likes this one I really wish we caught it when it was at Santana Row since I really don't like

Century Cinemas 16 in Mountain View GETTO :p.

The Sharks almost gave me a heart attack last night I truly could not sit on the couch and watch those last few minutes. I went in the kitchen and had the volumn up so I could hear it without seeing it. I sure hope we can keep it up and win the next 2 games.

Tomorrow I am going to a tea at my friends home. She lives in a beautiful home in the East Foothills. That should be nice hopefully not too boring I'm not all into formalities you know holding my pinky out as I drink my tea :). Ok have a great week my Northern California Fun Cruisers.

Yvonne, we got to the San Pedro Square area before the official dinner hour (I have a Restaurant.com coupon too that I was going to use) and walked to the Shark Tank.

We bought a few things from the "Sharks" store: a license plate holder for my car, a t-shirt for me and a polo shirt for DH. I stared looked at the certificate and it said HP special events excluded (Prince is in town) as we were viewing the menu so we actually decided to leave. As we walked by several restaurants we settled on the Los Gatos Brewing Company.

Hope you had a good meal at Tarragon; we have been there several times. How special to go out to see movies with your MOM! I am taking my mom grocery shopping tomorrow and I said 1 not realizing the SHARKS are going to be on... Yvonne, enjoy your "tea" and the rest of the weekend.

CRAIG where are you? Carol hope you are having a fun GF weekend!

We love that restaurant! Usually go there before games.

We love that restaurant! Usually go there before games.

Carl, so do you order first and then find your table? We ended up going to the Los Gatos Brewing Company instead. I don't remember their menu being that pricey...

GO SHARKS! GO SHARKS! GO SHARKS...three times for luck!

Edited by barnismom

Carl, so do you order first and then find your table? We ended up going to the Los Gatos Brewing Company instead. I don't remember their menu being that pricey...

GO SHARKS! GO SHARKS! GO SHARKS...three times for luck!

Yep, exactly. You order, they give you a pager, then go find a table and wait for your order. Their prices are usually pretty good. But, we haven't been there for a while.

Lets go Sharks!

Yep, exactly. You order, they give you a pager, then go find a table and wait for your order. Their prices are usually pretty good. But, we haven't been there for a while.

Lets go Sharks!

I am so sad that our team could not pull out of the double overtime and make the series 3-2. I would like to say next year but wonder how they will regroup...

I am so sad that our team could not pull out of the double overtime and make the series 3-2. I would like to say next year but wonder how they will regroup...

what a strange game. Makes Karen and I sad to see them eliminated. Maybe next year;)

I was really sad driving to work this morning since our dear team lost to the Canucks. However, Greg Kihn on his radio show had listeners call in and the amount of love for our team was overwhelming.

THANK YOU FOR ANOTHER WONDERFUL SEASON...hope 2012 brings the CUP to San Jose!

what a strange game. Makes Karen and I sad to see them eliminated. Maybe next year;)

Carl, Patrick and I were both so sad as the Sharks really did win last night's game and should not have gone into the double overtime. I clearly think that the officiating needs to become more consistent and instant replays become part of the rulings.

During the whole Vancouver series I could not believe the number of really bad calls against our SHARKS.

Carl, Patrick and I were both so sad as the Sharks really did win last night's game and should not have gone into the double overtime. I clearly think that the officiating needs to become more consistent and instant replays become part of the rulings.

During the whole Vancouver series I could not believe the number of really bad calls against our SHARKS.

You are so right about the officials, very poor job. I hope someone holds them accountable, and are better trained for the future.

I'm glad our boys have so much support. I hope they know how much everyone loves and supports this team. They've even made a lot of new fans up our way. Lets hope it carries on to next season.

How about Jumbo Joe playing with a dislocated shoulder?

You are so right about the officials, very poor job. I hope someone holds them accountable, and are better trained for the future.

I'm glad our boys have so much support. I hope they know how much everyone loves and supports this team. They've even made a lot of new fans up our way. Lets hope it carries on to next season.

How about Jumbo Joe playing with a dislocated shoulder?

Carl, dear Joe should win a medal for his valor in playing and he did play hard too! I know as Captain that he knew being there was important to the team,to his fans (& himself) but most of all all of the Sharks really seem to have such integrity.

Here's to Logan winning the Calder Trophy!

• 2 weeks later...