NORTHERN CALIF Fun Cruisers

cctn

Janice: that's what my computer was doing too - it's slow but seems to be working just fine - however, that new one is still meant to be...

finally got my router so I am set, just have to get Narce to go with me so he can carry it and then nephews will set it up -

carl - in 1988, we were soooo excited to be going on the "biggest ship in the world" - RCCL's Sovereign of the Seas!!

and then the Radiance Class, the Voyager class and looking forward to the Allure - my favorite is the Radiance class for the layout - and all the glass -

carol

Carol, we are so dependent on our dear computers and often times they are misbehaving...Patrick would say it is operator error.

Have a good week!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMHDIEAQgmc

Carl, here is the link above; hope you can open this up. My dear friend, Emmy and I are between the 8-10 minute marks; appear twice. My DH (Patrick) is also in the footage.

So looking forward to the Allure of the Seas in September. Carl, I am glad that you decided to try the Oasis class ship; so many dining options and things to do! Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks Janice!

Very cool, I've never known a tv celeb before:)

carl - in 1988, we were soooo excited to be going on the "biggest ship in the world" - RCCL's Sovereign of the Seas!!

and then the Radiance Class, the Voyager class and looking forward to the Allure - my favorite is the Radiance class for the layout - and all the glass -

carol

Isn't that so cool to think back at that. I feel like such a rookie cruiser, but it's actually been 10 years since our first. Each time I get just as excited as the first.

Carol, we are so dependent on our dear computers and often times they are misbehaving...Patrick would say it is operator error.

Have a good week!

You know, sometimes the CC server is all messed up and I have problems posting and navigating the CC website. Maybe just too many people using it at one time?

Thanks Janice!

Very cool, I've never known a tv celeb before:)

Carl, it was actually fun since we wore our pink boas the morning we boarded,for formal night and of course

M & M too. We were interviewed by Inside Edition and made the cut but our "talking piece" not included. It was funny how many different friends saw that one too.

We were also interviewed by Channel 9 Sydney Australia too and that whole thing aired too. It used to be on You Tube and a number of friends saw that one including some of our Australian friends. I guess it was the power of the pink boa...

Isn't that so cool to think back at that. I feel like such a rookie cruiser, but it's actually been 10 years since our first. Each time I get just as excited as the first.

...I find cruising addicting. However, I miss my land vacations too! Carl, you need to include your future Oasis cruise on your signature!

Hello all I'm looking for a hotel to spend one night at on our way to Santa Barbara do you have any ideas?

Hello Yvonne!

Tell me which freeway you plan on using and what time of day you might be heading out. Did you want to be half-way to Santa Barbara by 9 p.m. etc? Or did you want to travel via 1?

Let me ponder this...Carol?

Hello all I'm looking for a hotel to spend one night at on our way to Santa Barbara do you have any ideas?

Paso Robles, Cambria or Coalinga...others? I went to Trip Advisor and there were some wonderful recommendations for the Paso Robles area. We have friends who live nearby so only stayed at the Embassy Suites in San Luis Obispo and then again the Embassy Suites by Vandenburg AFB.

Paso Robles, Cambria or Coalinga...others? I went to Trip Advisor and there were some wonderful recommendations for the Paso Robles area. We have friends who live nearby so only stayed at the Embassy Suites in San Luis Obispo and then again the Embassy Suites by Vandenburg AFB.

Thank you so much Janice we plan to leave around 5PM on Saturday August 20th. I actually tried a few hotels in Paso Robles and San Luis Obispo and everything was sold out. Remember the is the prime time for people to be vacationing before the kids go back to school. We don't have to leave on Saturday we just thought it would be fun to add a day to our Santa Barbara trip. I thought I remembered that some of you had taken a trip in the San Luis Obispo area. I will assume we are going on 101 since HWY 5 would be out of the way to go to Santa Barbara.

Can't wait to hear all about the Allure from Janice - then the Oasis from Carl-- everyone I know who has been on both (janice on the Oasis as well) have nothing but positive and excellent opinions about these ships --

I would have suggested the same to Yvonne, Janice - I know the SLO area is 1/2 way to Santa Barbara - both beautiful areas - Morro Bay is a good place to stay = Cambria is scenic -

Have fun Yvonne --

carol

Thank you so much Janice we plan to leave around 5PM on Saturday August 20th. I actually tried a few hotels in Paso Robles and San Luis Obispo and everything was sold out. Remember the is the prime time for people to be vacationing before the kids go back to school. We don't have to leave on Saturday we just thought it would be fun to add a day to our Santa Barbara trip. I thought I remembered that some of you had taken a trip in the San Luis Obispo area. I will assume we are going on 101 since HWY 5 would be out of the way to go to Santa Barbara.

Yvonne, love your cute "avatar" photo!

So it sounds like you might be working that day...well you could be adventurous and just drive and see. Or you could spend the night in Carmel and/or Monterey (more options). Yvonne, lots of times rooms are blocked and then released so it might help to check back. Also I found a number of B&B's in those areas.

I saw a Rachael Ray show awhile ago and wrote down some places to eat in the Santa Barbara area: Brophy Brothers (seafood), Jeannine's (breakfast), Downey's and Palace Grill. However knowing the economy I would double check on the internet first. A vendor just recommended a wonderful French restaurant and I checked it out and they went out of business last month.

Enjoy your weekend!

Oh I love that color TEAL; don't you?

Hope you two have fun weekend plans! Did I ever ask you about that VOLVO that is nearing 3 million miles? ...wonder how many engines have been replaced etc.

You must be talking about Irv Gordon's p1800. Yeah, I met him when I worked at Lawrence Volvo. He's kinda famous in the Volvo population. He's from back east, like New Jersey maybe. He did a nation wide tour and stopped at some Volvo dealers. A bunch of people actually came by to see him and his car. He actually drove it the whole time, no trailer.

You must be talking about Irv Gordon's p1800. Yeah, I met him when I worked at Lawrence Volvo. He's kinda famous in the Volvo population. He's from back east, like New Jersey maybe. He did a nation wide tour and stopped at some Volvo dealers. A bunch of people actually came by to see him and his car. He actually drove it the whole time, no trailer.

It seems unreal, sort of like the energizer bunny!

I sure wish!

been working lots of OT, gotta save money to support our habit (Cruising, of course) ;)

You got that right ! Hubby haS been doing the same - and I have been saving some of my retiremt income and putting it in my Cruise Fund jar! carol

You got that right ! Hubby haS been doing the same - and I have been saving some of my retiremt income and putting it in my Cruise Fund jar! carol

Carol, some say it is cheaper to retire on a cruise ship than it is to live in a retirement home!

I sure wish!

been working lots of OT, gotta save money to support our habit (Cruising, of course) ;)

Carl, isn't it sad how much UNCLE SAM takes from the extra hours! I believe in a FLAT tax for individuals and businesses but of course it won't happen in my lifetime...it's the only equitable solution.

Carl, isn't it sad how much UNCLE SAM takes from the extra hours! I believe in a FLAT tax for individuals and businesses but of course it won't happen in my lifetime...it's the only equitable solution.

My wish since I could talk - for every person's $1 earned, take 10 cents... not 30 or 40 - EVERYONE -- no one exempt. how simple is that???

c.

It is terrible the way our tax system works. I couldn't agree more with the flat tax. Everyone pays, say, 20%.