NORTHERN CALIF Fun Cruisers

cctn

Wow, this thread sure picked up in the past few months.

My family went to Amici's in Cupertino on Monday to meet the Sharks. We were hoping to see our favorite players (me: #19, DW: #12, DD: #15) We waited outside in a very slow-moving line from 4:30-6:30 as it got progressively chillier. While the team was signing autographs inside, at 6:00 Setagucci, Clowe, and Demers -- as well as announcer Randy Hahn and the mascot -- came outside sign so that no one would go away empty-handed. (DW remarked that #16 is even cuter in person than on TV.)

At 6:30 we were about a dozen people away from the entrance, we could see Heatley and Thornton at the autograph table, when they announced that the event was closing and the players were leaving. At this point there was a collective groan, and several people went through alternate entrances to reach the players inside. We were disappointed, and very hungry ... so as the line evaporated in front of us, we went into the main entrance to grab a table.

Just as I gave the Amici's greeter my name for a table, Thornton and Heatley were leaving, both bearing a couple of boxes of pizza. I shook hands with Thornton as he passed by. Heatley spied my ten year-old wearing a #15 shirt and shook her hand. (At this point she didn't realize who he was.) Then he stopped next to me to sign some more autographs at the entrance. I asked him to sign my daughter's notebook, telling him, "You are her favorite player." He did, then signed for a few more fans. As he was about to leave, suddenly he asked my daughter to turn around so that he could autograph the back of her jersey.

Well as you would expect, she was absolutely speechless with delight ... and was in a state of ecstatic bliss for the rest of the evening. It was very good to know that, even though they were tired, the players took care of their fans.

Then next evening she and I wrote thank-you notes to #15 -- then we watched the Nashville game on TV. Each time one of the players we met handled the puck, my daughter yelled, "I got your autograph!" And of course Clowe and Heatley were the stars with two points each. Edited by aunursa

[quote name='barnismom'][quote name='SANJOSEGAL']
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]Yvonne, I forgot you mentioning that before...enjoy your weekend dog sitting; lucky baby![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff00ff]FYI, I am now stuffed but brought home some ribs and corn bread muffin.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
Oh I just noticed that I cannot spell...

[quote name='aunursa']Wow, this thread sure picked up in the past few months.

My family went to Amici's in Cupertino on Monday to meet the Sharks. We were hoping to see our favorite players (me: #19, DW: #12, DD: #15) We waited outside in a very slow-moving line from 4:30-6:30 as it got progressively chillier. While the team was signing autographs inside, at 6:00 Setagucci, Clowe, and Demers -- as well as announcer Randy Hahn and the mascot -- came outside sign so that no one would go away empty-handed. (DW remarked that #16 is even cuter in person than on TV.)

At 6:30 we were about a dozen people away from the entrance, we could see Heatley and Thornton at the autograph table, when they announced that the event was closing and the players were leaving. At this point there was a collective groan, and several people went through alternate entrances to reach the players inside. We were disappointed, and very hungry ... so as the line evaporated in front of us, we went into the main entrance to grab a table.

Just as I gave the Amici's greeter my name for a table, Thornton and Heatley were leaving, both bearing a couple of boxes of pizza. I shook hands with Thornton as he passed by. Heatley spied my ten year-old wearing a #15 shirt and shook her hand. (At this point she didn't realize who he was.) Then he stopped next to me to sign some more autographs at the entrance. I asked him to sign my daughter's notebook, telling him, "You are her favorite player." He did, then signed for a few more fans. As he was about to leave, suddenly he asked my daughter to turn around so that he could autograph the back of her jersey.

Well as you would expect, she was absolutely speechless with delight ... and was in a state of ecstatic bliss for the rest of the evening. It was very good to know that, even though they were tired, the players took care of their fans.

Then next evening she and I wrote thank-you notes to #15 -- then we watched the Nashville game on TV. Each time one of the players we met handled the puck, my daughter yelled, "I got your autograph!" And of course Clowe and Heatley were the stars with two points each.[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=teal]You were lucky to meet so many of them in one place. My husband has commented that hockey players show more appreciation towards their fans than other professional athletes; so true![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS] [/FONT]

[quote name='barnismom'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=teal]You were lucky to meet so many of them in one place. My husband has commented that hockey players show more appreciation towards their fans than other professional athletes; so true![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/quote]
Hockey players are good guys. They seem to willing to take just a moment to sign an autograph, or say hi to a kid. It's so refreshing when compaired to other sports that think they are above that.

[quote name='barnismom'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=teal]You were lucky to meet so many of them in one place. My husband has commented that hockey players show more appreciation towards their fans than other professional athletes; so true![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/quote]

It was an official event that I learned about from the Sharks' Facebook page. It was also announced on KNBR. Here's a [URL="http://www.amicis.com/about_details.asp?id=18&c=1"]video[/URL].

[quote name='aunursa']It was an official event that I learned about from the Sharks' Facebook page. It was also announced on KNBR. Here's a [URL="http://www.amicis.com/about_details.asp?id=18&c=1"]video[/URL].[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=teal] Thanks for sharing this link...looked like everyone had a wonderful time! I used to work for a non-profit and one year we received a donation from the Sharks Foundation...need to watch the game!! [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=teal][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=teal]GO SHARKS![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] Edited by barnismom

[quote name='kingsnake57']Hockey players are good guys. They seem to willing to take just a moment to sign an autograph, or say hi to a kid. It's so refreshing when compaired to other sports that think they are above that.[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=teal] Carl, the game is on now which I can hear in the background...I prefer not watching until the 2nd period. I get too worked up to see all three periods.

GO TEAM![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=teal][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=teal]The last two loses have been disappointing![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] Edited by barnismom

[quote name='barnismom'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=teal] Carl, the game is on now which I can hear in the background...I prefer not watching until the 2nd period. I get too worked up to see all three periods. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=4][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=teal]GO TEAM![/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=teal]The last two loses have been disappointing![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Oh No! Should have watched the first and third, skipped the second. Darn Blackhawks! I can't stand that song they play when they score, drove me nuts during the playoffs.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna]Yvonne, thank you for the tip...I am still monitoring prices. I do realize that they have escalated because of the gasoline price spikes. Howver, I do know that SWA will probably have future sales in the near future (hopeful). Of course, I know that you can re-book to get the savings which I know you have done successfully.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna]Hope you had fun pet sitting; did your kids enjoy Disneyland?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='kingsnake57']Oh No! Should have watched the first and third, skipped the second. Darn Blackhawks! I can't stand that song they play when they score, drove me nuts during the playoffs.[/quote]
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=4][COLOR=teal]Somehow, I think I shouldn't have started watching tonight's game...I saw their mascot in the ice and wondered why Stanford cannot go back to being the Indians rather than the Cardinals. I know there has been a movement towards reverting back to the original mascot although in California this isn't politically correct. How can there be various "Indians" out there? I would rather have a brave "Indian" than a funky tree any day...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='barnismom'][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=4][COLOR=teal]Somehow, I think I shouldn't have started watching tonight's game...I saw their mascot in the ice and wondered why Stanford cannot go back to being the Indians rather than the Cardinals. I know there has been a movement towards reverting back to the original mascot although in California this isn't politically correct. How can there be various "Indians" out there? I would rather have a brave "Indian" than a funky tree any day...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

I'm sorry, but that tree is a dumb mascot. No offense to any alumni!

[quote name='aunursa']Wow, this thread sure picked up in the past few months.

Then next evening she and I wrote thank-you notes to #15 -- then we watched the Nashville game on TV. Each time one of the players we met handled the puck, my daughter yelled, "I got your autograph!" And of course Clowe and Heatley were the stars with two points each.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=black]This was a great story I passed it on to family and friends that also love the [COLOR=yellowgreen][U][B]SAN JOSE SHARKS.[/B][/U][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='barnismom'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna]Yvonne, thank you for the tip...I am still monitoring prices. I do realize that they have escalated because of the gasoline price spikes. Howver, I do know that SWA will probably have future sales in the near future (hopeful). Of course, I know that you can re-book to get the savings which I know you have done successfully.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna]Hope you had fun pet sitting; did your kids enjoy Disneyland?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=black]Carol if you get the emails from SW you can check for any sales that are going on for a limited time. Looks like they opened up November.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=black]We did have a good time pet sitting we got lost once trying to get from the AMC on Dear Valley Road back to Discovery Bay. It was very relaxing just sitting around someone elses house because you don't think about all the stuff you need to do at home. We went to the movies twice (Adjustment Bureau :) & Red Riding Hood :rolleyes:), rented a movie (Conviction :)), walked the dogs twice, ate out more than we should have :D. Over all a nice relaxing weekend. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='SANJOSEGAL'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=black]This was a great story I passed it on to family and friends that also love the [COLOR=yellowgreen][U][B]SAN JOSE SHARKS.[/B][/U][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=black]Carol if you get the emails from SW you can check for any sales that are going on for a limited time. Looks like they opened up November.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=black]We did have a good time pet sitting we got lost once trying to get from the AMC on Dear Valley Road back to Discovery Bay. It was very relaxing just sitting around someone elses house because you don't think about all the stuff you need to do at home. We went to the movies twice (Adjustment Bureau :) & Red Riding Hood :rolleyes:), rented a movie (Conviction :)), walked the dogs twice, ate out more than we should have :D. Over all a nice relaxing weekend. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna] Yvonne, I booked our air to FLL tonight...it appears that $178 ow is the best rate going plus there isn't the baggage fees either. OF course after all the fees and taxes it becomes closer to $200.50 ow. Thank you for letting me me know the booking window. Of course I will monitor for any reductions...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna]FYI, we were talking about the "Adjustment Bureau" at work on a scale from 1-10 where would you rate that movie?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna]Enjoy Wednesday. I loved your photos; you and your husband make a cute couple![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=teal]Carl, wasn't tonight's game perfect? Now if they could play all of the next regular season games this way then onto the playoffs we will have the Cup in San Jose![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='barnismom'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna] Yvonne, I booked our air to FLL tonight...it appears that $178 ow is the best rate going plus there isn't the baggage fees either. OF course after all the fees and taxes it becomes closer to $200.50 ow. Thank you for letting me me know the booking window. Of course I will monitor for any reductions...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna]FYI, we were talking about the "Adjustment Bureau" at work on a scale from 1-10 where would you rate that movie?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna]Enjoy Wednesday. I loved your photos; you and your husband make a cute couple![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=black]I would rate the Adjustment Bureau a 8.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=black]Thanks for the compliments on the photos here are a few more from our son's wedding. [/COLOR][URL]http://family.webshots.com/album/577869649TVylMZ?vhost=family[/URL][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='SANJOSEGAL'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=black]I would rate the Adjustment Bureau a 8.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=black]Thanks for the compliments on the photos here are a few more from our son's wedding. [/COLOR][URL]http://family.webshots.com/album/577869649TVylMZ?vhost=family[/URL][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna] Yvonne, love wedding photos; thank you again for sharing: everyone looked so beautiful![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna]I'll let me co-workers know about your movie rating; we were all deliberating.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='SANJOSEGAL'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=black]I would rate the Adjustment Bureau a 8.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=black]Thanks for the compliments on the photos here are a few more from our son's wedding. [/COLOR][URL]http://family.webshots.com/album/577869649TVylMZ?vhost=family[/URL][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

I like conspiracy movies, so I enjoyed The Adjustment Bureau. That said, there were a lot of unanswered questions and the fate vs free will aspect could have been explored more. After the buildup, the ending was quite weak. I would rate it a 7.

[quote name='aunursa']I like conspiracy movies, so I enjoyed The Adjustment Bureau. That said, there were a lot of unanswered questions and the fate vs free will aspect could have been explored more. After the buildup, the ending was quite weak. I would rate it a 7.[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna]Thanks for your feedback...I love shows like "Lost" and "Flashforward" which are no longer on...I enjoy the spy-type action movies.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='corkey'][SIZE=3]Just a brief howdy for now - will be chattin' more over the weekend!! carol[/SIZE][/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][COLOR=sienna]Hope everyone has fun weekend plans...we are anticipating a rainy weekend![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[IMG]http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news/weather/hurricane/blog/rainy28.gif[/IMG]

[quote name='SANJOSEGAL'][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7]Sharks are having a awesome game[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=teal]It was an awesome game but hoping that Logan is alright![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]